Kontakt 5.6.0 Usage Data Tracking

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by transmit³, Dec 11, 2016.

1. transmit³

transmit³ Kapellmeister

Hi Guys,
    I have the new update 5.6.0 to run very well, everything works perfectly !!!
    Sorry for my somewhat peculiar English style
    But still respect:winker:

! Caution Here you can find the new addition in the options:
    "Send anonymous usage data" YES or NO
    [​IMG]
    See also the complete NI support page, by default, "YES, enable data tracking using" pre-set after installation.
    https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209545029-What-is-Usage-Data-Tracking-

Update with Legit Contact 5.6.0 User data according to Native Instruments ..., OK!
    I wonder if with unlocked version of R2R also usable data can be transferred?

Honestly, I first put in touch on "NO"!

Affects also
    • TRAKTOR (Version 2.10.1 oder höher)
    • MASCHINE (Version 2.4.7 oder höher)
    • KOMPLETE KONTROL (Version 1.7.0 oder höher)
    • GUITAR RIG (Version 5.2.2 oder höher)
    • KONTAKT (Version 5.6.0 oder höher)
    • REAKTOR (Version 6.0.3 oder höher)
    • NATIVE ACCESS (Version 1.0.16 oder höher)

What would you set here in the new version 5.6.0?
    And what do you think of it?

3. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

Yea i thought that to be strange too

Just as i am going legit Kontakt they want to pull me back in to the dark side

Im starting to think that these multinational companies do not really love us but only want our money and that they do not really care about our needs but only about every piece of data they can leverage into making more $$$, who knows

4. transmit³

transmit³ Kapellmeister

!!!! Im starting to think that these multinational companies do not really love us but only want our money and that they do not really care about our needs but only about every piece of data they can leverage into making more $$$, who knows !!!

... yes, I also feel slow

5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I think you think correctly. :wink: Of course they're only interested in $$$ and more $$$. Always more and more. It's never enough of money eh? Have you ever heard someone saying "I have enough money now and I don't need to make any more."? :winker:

Of course all companies will use everything at their disposal to make more money at our expence.

6. transmit³

transmit³ Kapellmeister

I am particularly interested in:

If the setting for usage data in contact 5.6.0 is accidentally set to "YES"
    Could Native Instruments then not be easy to get the message it is a "chrack contact"?

That would be like smooth suicide for all these users

Authoritative makers here in AudioZ give us [​IMG]:mates::mates::mates:perhaps the answer

7. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

The feature is probably innocuous on the user's part, but as a matter of principle, I block any and all communications that software attempts between my computer and a server online, except in the case of Google Voice. Just as I don't trust "only" the information cited as being gathered to remain at just that, I don't trust any "opt-out" preference to prevent an software designe to "phone home" to keep quiet. And yeah, I cover the webcam on my Macobook Pro, because the NSA (or whomever) can hijack the System Preferences control to turn it on or off; Flash can be hacked to bypass or change such controls in for that software.

As for Kontakt 5.6, my sole complaint (thus far) is the removal of control over text size. I'm viewing on a large screen, from a meter away, while having to wear glasses, so the static smallish text size is annoying. Other than that, no wonky behavior – no missing library tabs; no trouble loading anything. If anything, Kontakt 5.6 seems to load libraries faster than 5.5 did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Like @stevitch I always disable as a norm these "anonymous" recollections of data, be it legit or non legit software.

9. sham69

sham69 Ultrasonic

I just installed the v5.6.5 update (from sister site) on Mac OSX El Capitan (multiboot with Yosemite),

so far so good, de-activated the usage data tracking,

nontheless I also had this message from Little Snitch :
    kontakt 5 wants to connect to configuration.native-instruments.com

so I blocked it too, I don't know why it is supposed to connect there ?