Kontakt 5.6.0 Installation Error (Mac)

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by deathofthenavigator, Mar 30, 2020.

1. deathofthenavigator

deathofthenavigator Newbie

Hi everyone,

I've been doing my best today to install a cracked version of Kontakt, but unfortunately have been struggling with a number of problems. At the moment, I'm trying to install a cracked version of Kontakt 5.4.1 (then updating to 5.6.0 with another .dmg), but I can't even get past the initial install because of this:

https://imgur.com/a/13Brvvl

I couldn't find any threads with this existing problem. I've fully uninstalled any previous installs by going through all NI files (following a guide I found) and removing every single one, emptying the trash and restarting.

I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.3 and installing onto my startup disk (38GB free).

Still the error. Any ideas?

Cheers

3. Talula

Talula Rock Star

install latest 6.2.2
    1 - it's supported by catalina.
    2 - most libraries required new version (at least 5.8, less often 5.7.3 and even less 5.6.8).

4. deathofthenavigator

Thanks for your help. Isn’t there an issue with Mac versions of Kontakt that means libraries won’t load past version 5.6.8?

5. Talula

Talula Rock Star

you can always find a latest cracked version of kontakt, it's not a problem.

6. deathofthenavigator

Sure - I’ll try my best to find one. I’ve read a lot about people not being able to add Kontakt libraries on Mac in any cracked version after 5.6.8 though - is this right?

7. Talula

Talula Rock Star

kontakt 5.6.8 (standalone only, 1 file) installing with all newer versions special for this feature.

8. deathofthenavigator

Sorry man, I’m not sure I understand

9. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

you should install the new Kontakt 6 (for ex. 6.2.2),
    and for adding libs, you can just copy over old Kontakt 5.6.6 app into Applications (or similar) no need to properly install it

10. deathofthenavigator

Okay that's great - thank you. That's done successfully. Do I now add libraries through Native Access? Before I saw all libraries in Native Access, but now it says I can only install 13.

11. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

you can always add libraries through old 5.6.6 - even if they say they aren't supported,
    they will get mapped - BUT sometimes with blank SNPID, which you need to adjust manually:

KONTAKT LIBRARIES after 5.6.0:
    You have to open the Kontakt 5.6.0 standalone app (or 5.6.6) and add the library in it. If the library doesn't appear on the left panel, don't worry about it. Just close the app.
    Open the new Kontakt 6 version, and if you can't see that library there, then you have to do the following steps (in case there is a .nicnt file in the library's folder) but first close Kontakt, then:
    1. check the SNPID number of the library, go to the folder of the library and open the .nicnt file (with TextEdit or any similar program), you will find a line like this:
    <SNPID>P74</SNPID>
    (in this case P74 was the ID code of Metropolis Ark 3)
    2. go to your hard drive > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center, and look for the .xml file with the name of that desired library, open it with TextEdit and you will see that the SNPID number there is 000 which indicates that Kontakt somehow hasn't been able to add it properly. Change that three zeros with the ID code you found in the .nicnt of that library, then save and close TextEdit. And you're ready to use the library in the new Kontakt.
    During this process Kontakt app should not be opened!
    If you encounter the problem where Kontakt prompts you after you try to load the instrument that "This instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed", in this case delete the library's .xml file from:
    your_hard_drive > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center
    And also delete the com.native-instruments.{library's name}.plist file from:
    your_hard_drive > Library > Preferences
    Then try to add the library again in Kontakt 5.6.0 and follow the SNPID workaround from above again.

12. Michele Brusemini

Michele Brusemini Newbie

I guess we are using the same cracked version because I got the same error and the procedure was basically the same (install v5.x.x and then update to 5.6.0). Anyway, when I try to drag & drop the standalone app to the application folder and I run it gave me an error.

Could you write down the procedure you used, please? Btw, is it working properly?

13. shime

shime Noisemaker

Any Solutions? I’ve been trying to solve this for weeks. I’m having the same problem. Can’t install Kontakt 5.6.0 on Catalina. An error occurs:/

14. ShittyBill

ShittyBill Newbie

Hey I know this post was a while ago and not sure if you guy still need help but I just bought a macbook and I was having the same problem. As long as you are able to get the standalone version working for 5.6 (Its ok if you get the "The installation failed. The installer encountered an error.." message, it still worked for me) then you just add your libraries through that version of kontakt and then when you boot up Kontakt 6 or 7 in you DAW, your libraries should appear. If you end up still needing to active it (I think the reason why I didn't have to is because I unlocked it through my desktop PC, I could try finding the file if you have a windows computer and wanna try that) then you need to edit the xml and nicnt file for it. This video explains it: