Kontakt 5.5 Mac (K'd) running EW Library in Demo Mode

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by MikeDiz, Aug 28, 2016.

1. MikeDiz

MikeDiz Newbie

Hi All,

I made this account specifically for this problem as I've been stuck on it for days now and have completely run out of ideas. I have a K'd version of Contact 5.5.0 on mac, and I'm using it to run a whole load of K'd libraries. All of them work fine except for the EastWest Symphonic Orchestra Gold Library. The behaviour I experience is that it loads fine into the VST version of Kontakt, but then on reloading Logic Pro, the library has vanished and the sample is running in Demo mode. I can then add the library back again, but it isn't activated, but will work fine if I remove and add it a second time. And then the cycle repeats once I quit and reload Logic Pro. It's driving me mad. I've tried messing with nicnt files, trying to find Kontakt 3 somewhere - to no avail, rolling back to 5.3.1 and I've exhausted all of my googling capability. Nothing seems to fix this one darned library. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Some more info that may or may not help. The standalone version in my apps folder doesn't appear to be cracked properly. I tried another crack but it seems to load indefinitely and won't open (not that I use standalone at all). I'm running El Capitan.

Once again, any help would be really appreciated and I'm interested to see if this is a common problem amongst Kontakters.

Regards,
    Mike