Kontakt 5.3 randomly detuning samples

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by sayhey1988, Feb 4, 2014.

1. sayhey1988

sayhey1988 Member

I'm running OS X 10.7.5 Mac Pro quad core tower and use Kontakt 5.3.

After loading Cinematic Strings 2.1/ cinebrass core and pro/ the legato patches of Project Sam Lumina and Piano in blue v2, after about 20 sec. the samples become detuned. never higher, always lower, as if i was turning a tuning knob.
    i trouble shot the mod wheel, reinstalled, done everything i can think of, switched keyboards (m audio 88) but can't figure it out.

Was wondering if anyone had a similar problem?

it only happens with the libraries i listed. driving me nuts.... maybe a script issue with round robins or legato? and this only happens with Kontakt.

Thank You

3. Victor

Victor Noisemaker

I'm not good at advanced sections of Kontakt, but this may worth a try: go to Instrument Options (Edit Mode, click that Key in the upper left) and under the Mod (short for Modulation) check if there is a Modulator with pitch. Try to bypass every modulator until it doesn't change the pitch.

4. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

If I were you I would uninstall Kontakt and remove all kontakt files and registry keys so that all settings are removed, then reinstall it clean

5. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Which Daw are you using?
    Does this still happen in Standalone?
    Check your Master Tuning in Kontakt & your Daw(watch out for any recorded automation??)

6. clitorismartini

clitorismartini Newbie

M Audio Keyboards are having that kind of hardware problem on Pitch Bend.

http://community.m-audio.com/m-audio/topics/axiom_49_pitch_bend_wheel_problem

7. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

No its not that i have a Novation Midi Keyboard with same problem, it only happens in LogicX are You using a separate Drive for Recording or storing Samples? If yes thats were the problem is

8. sayhey1988

sayhey1988 Member

i am using a m-audio keystation 88 and logic 9.1.8 but it happens w/ stand alone as well. i can see that the pitch bend wheel is the problem. it is just spitting out midi randomly but the same thing happens with my older keystation 61.... i do use separates drive for samples and recording but that shouldn't make a difference in standalone mode. such a hassle, when i solve the problem (not just a work-around) i will post it here.
    thanks

9. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

In this case change your midi keyboard to a different usb slot, and/or remove it fully and try without it?

10. beaucarty

beaucarty Newbie

Hi, I had the same problem with M-Audio 88 key station and Logic, itvs the modwheel which is bad quality, I changed my keyboard, buy another model with more fader to ( cc) midi expression and dynamic. :wink: