kontakt 5.3 little detail

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by javiawake, Apr 21, 2014.

1. javiawake

javiawake Noisemaker

Ey guys i have a little problem with new version 5.3.

Before in 5.03 when i opened Kontakt (like AU), I chose an instrument and i closed.
    But when i closed and opened kontakt again (minutes later) the library that i had chose was extended.

In example.

Albion.
    -instruments
    -Stage-
    -Violas-
    Lite Violas

But in this new version dont happen this. When you open again all libraries are contracted and you hace to search where was the instrument and open all folders. I hope you understan. Any solution???

Lot of thanks

3. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Hi javiawake,
    from what I understand, you want Kontakt to remember the path position when loading a patch through Files tab. You mentioned AU, so I assume you're on OS X, in that case, Kontakt Guru will be of more help, but you can try Kontakt 5.3.1, a lot of stuff were fixed in that version, though not everything :wink:

If you were on Win, I'd advise you to recheck that your drives are set to permanent "volume letter" (e.g. S:\) *yes*

4. javiawake

javiawake Noisemaker

Hi Andrew, Sorry for my bad explainings. Not in files tab. In library section (Yes i am in OSX, Logic 9).

If i close Kontakt, then i open Kontakt and the library is contracted

Attached Files:

5. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Well, I don't have any insights into OS X, but before K.G. arrives with proper answer, you can try the 5.3.1, for once, it's not 'worse' than the previous version :thumbsup:

6. franknitty69

franknitty69 Newbie

jav,

when kontakt starts all libraries are collapsed. when you drill down into a specific library, kontakt remembers the state of the folders in the library (whether they are expanded or collapsed). this has always been the case.

so in your 2nd example, after restarting, Albion I will be collapsed, but when you click browse, _Pallette shells... will be expanded.

but the problem with your Albion I library is that it doesn't have the proper folder structure which is why it says 'Browse' instead of 'Instruments' or 'Multis'. Because of this, Kontakt won't remember the state. Make sure the folder structure is:

Albion I
    -Documentation
    -Instruments
    --My Folder
    --MyInstrument.nki
    -Multis
    --My Folder
    --MyMulti.nkm

The folders are case sensitive.

7. javiawake

javiawake Noisemaker

Ey Franknitty69 thanks a lot, but it happens with ALL libraries. (and i have 30)

you open, choose an instrument, close kontakt, open kontakt and that libray is collapsed (sorry not contracted je je).