Kontakt 5.3, Cubase 7.5 - M - Real Time Peak (CPU Spiking)

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by sonakis23, Feb 2, 2014.

1. sonakis23

sonakis23 Newbie

Hi,

I'm working with Cubase 7.5 on a 10.8.5 iMac (i7, 16Gb) and a Fast Track Ultra A/I. I have recently experienced high 'real-time peak' meter readings within the 'Vst Performance'. This happens with kontakt even when a single instance is in use, but also with other plugins... I have increased the buffer size up to 1024 which improves the situation in a way but as a result latency is not affordable any more...

I believe its something to do with cubase, my A/I, mac or the interaction between them. I also tried cubase 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5 and still the same behaviour so this eliminates the possibility of the current cubase version. Also it seems that other people experienced similar behaviour:

Any ideas/help is appreciated!

3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

> I have recently experienced high 'real-time peak' meter readings within the 'Vst Performance'.
    So what?

As long as there are no audible glitches, everything is fine.
    I'm on Logic Pro X, i7, same behaviour: Often, one CPU core has very high load, others are bored to death.
    No dropouts or glitches, so no prob imho.

It has often been said however that EXS24 is a much more CPU-friendly sampler that Kontakt.
    Sample Hard Disk Streaming also seems to work more efficiently than with Kontakt.

4. sonakis23

sonakis23 Newbie

There are audible glitches to the point that I can't work at all... this doesnt have to do with overloading the project as when only one instance is being used i experience the same behaviour!