KONTAKT 5.2

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by spyki2000, Aug 12, 2013.

1. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

did you also uninstall NI Service Center before and after re-installing and kontakt is blocked from accessing internet?

Removing the library registry links, v5.2.1 works with no crash errors or missing libraries on my pc (32bit)

2. spyki2000

spyki2000 Newbie

Yes I did everything and as the 5.2.1 is kontakt player n not able to edit any files
    so i want to stick to 5.2 but sad is that all my old libraries are now gone in demo mode.
    just trying to think what has gone wrong that its not taking the old libraries and its getting worse every reinstall now the libraries disappear
    everytime i close kontakt leave apart demo issue :(

so dont know what to do seem big mess has gone after installing the 5.2.1.
    well still trying n reinstalling again and again to figure out what to do.

thanks

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

After I installed v5.2.1 I had to add the libraries back into Kontakt (the old registry Library links are the ones which have been deleted), but it is the full version and not demo, so I don't understand why you have ended up with the demo version after installation, have you tried disconnecting from the web before installing?

4. uber909

uber909 Member

You're damn right !
    But let's face it, most people here are not even making music, they just spend time downloading stuff, deluding themselves they're gonna be the next big thing around.

PS: 5.1 here, since it's out => no problem so far.

5. spyki2000

spyki2000 Newbie

Yes my system is not connected to net still have this issue and dont know why ... i checked the registry

HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE NATIVE INSTRUMENTS CONTENT
    all the old library files are not there

so wondering because of this it is not activated and now i dont know how to get them added .... and even dont know if that might work.

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I can make a suggestion but it's pretty involved and you will have to reinstall all your libraries. Let me know.

Sincerely,
    Rude Person

7. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

this is the coolest answer ever :rofl:

8. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Eeesh, this question does get asked a lot of their are solutions to it throughout audiosex & audioz. I've posted the answers myself enough times across the web that I get annoyed with it.

The biggest problem is the install notes from R2R and uninstalling and people getting fucked up service centers. But like Catalyst said the answers are there. You either figure out the answer or you look for it. I rarely ever go online to ask someone for an answer, I'd rather figure it out with problem solving [critical thinking] but yeah the answers are there. If you can't find them then you don't know how to look.

9. spyki2000

spyki2000 Newbie

this is a open forum and u are the moderator u can make suggestions :) u dont need my permission dude :)
    will be happy if tht works really for me

i tried with one library to do a fresh reinstall but still dint work to let you know.

thanks

10. spyki2000

spyki2000 Newbie

that is what i had being doing past one week trying to do it my self but things are going wrong so came on the forum :)

11. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

1) uninstall all libraries
    2) uninstall all Native Instruments
    3) check and remove all remnants in Folders / registry / etc (see above)
    4) install Kontakt v5.2.1 / uninstall service center
    5) run Kontakt once then close
    6) install library
    7) run kontakt and use add library in browser if it hasn't automatically been added when installing
    8) enjoy

If the above doesn't work
    9) switch computer off and unplug
    10) open the nearest window and throw it out onto the street
    11) go to your nearest electrical store and buy an ipad
    12} enjoy

:wink:

12. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

SirSillySausage, spyki2000
    +1
    And just to be clear you should run Kontakt in standalone mode as administrator. If that doesn't work then you have remnants in the registry which I will help you remove.

spyki2000
    I just wanted to mention that you will lose all your libraries beforehand because there is another thread here that you will soon read where there was a misunderstanding and the guy lost his added libraries. I also didn't want to bombard you with information if it was completely unnecessary. By the way have you tried to reinstall 5.2.0 and do a system restore? If that didn't work then my suggestion to you is to try SirSillySausage's solution and if that doesn't work then download Revo Uninstaller Pro 3.0.7 and crack it. Then open it and go to the options and make sure you check the daily registry backup option, hit okay and then exit the program and reenter it again. If you'd like to make sure that Revo made the registry backup then check this folder (this is for XP, make folder adjustments for other Windows versions file structure) C:\Documents and Settings\User Name (your user name)\Local Settings\Application Data\VS Revo Group\Revo Uninstaller Pro\RegBackup. Inside this location there should be a folder named DailyBackup and another called LastBackup. Make sure there are reg files in both.Then when you're in Revo's main screen hit the Install Programs button at the top and select the Kontakt 5.2.1 setup installation file. You will notice that once you select this file there will appear a bar at the top of your Window where it will reiterate to you that it is important that you MUST not install or run ANY other software while this bar is visible. After installation is finished run Kontakt standalone in administrator mode and then exit Kontakt. Once it's finished you hit the stop monitoring installation button and make sure to save the log file that has just been created. Then uninstall Kontakt with Revo Uninstaller. It will read the log file and run the original uninstaller and after that you can choose for it to scan your hard drive and registry but make sure the advanced radio button is selected before you press scan. It will present you first with a list of registry items that were found make sure all of them are related to Kontakt and nothing else on your system, use the information fields on display to make that assessment. Check off the files related to Kontakt in that list (it might be all of them so you can use Select All in that case) and then hit the delete button. After that do the same procedure for the leftover files found on the hard drive.

You can try reinstalling now but I'd suggest that if you want to be sure to be up and running then you follow this thread from these forums where I walk someone through deleting any leftover registry entries manually. Wait but that can't be…there's nothing related to your problem on these forums (found one the first page of results after searching for Kontakt Library Issues). :wow: http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/7310-cant-load-new-aeon/page__hl__%2Bkontakt+%2Blibrary+%2Bissues If there will still be a lot of Kontakt entries in your registry you should try the Reg Scanner program that I have linked to in that post which lets you search for all instances of Kontakt rather than having to go one by one but be extremely careful and make sure that if you have any questions you ask before doing something dangerous. Hopefully by checking the daily registry backup option in Revo you will have a backup created of your registry in case you fuck it up. Read through the 3 pages where I patiently walk someone through the process of doing registry edits (3 because he was new to the process) and read everything before doing anything. You can skip to the information that is helpful to your skill level, I just wanted to be thorough because it is the registry that he was editing. The Revo Uninstaller part of these instructions isn't a necessity but first of all it's a great program that can help you immensely, it accomplishes the task of automatically making a registry backup for you in case something goes wrong and I'm also hoping it will kill most of the Kontakt entries in the registry so there are less results for you to sift through (Kontakt makes an ABSURD amount of entries in the registry). This will solve your problem and you've just incorporated an incredibly useful application into your daily operations that will help you uninstall applications and other useful functions. Finally If you don't know what the KLM tool is then ask, I figured you were aware of it. It's called the Kontakt Library Manager and it's an applet created to deal with backing up, restoring, adding and reordering your Kontakt libraries. You can find it on the other site, I'm sure you know the one I'm talking about. I'm not sure if the registry structure has changed in the new Kontakt version but if it hasn't then then you should be able to create a backup of your registry items pertaining to Kontakt libraries and you could then restore that if something ever goes wrong in the future.

duskwings
    Apprarently it was over some people's heads. Some call it being mean, I call it tough love.

xoso
    Yeah and I'm down to help people with new questions, I just don't have time to reiterate questions that have been asked so many times. It's gotten to the point when I just hear the words Kontakt library and I feel ill inside. Everyone is always so liberal with MY time but if they had to deal with it everyday I guarantee you that their tune would change real quick. And you're absolutely correct about Service Center and I ran into a thread just last night where it had been mentioned, I'm sure there are others too. Finally if you ever run into an issue that you're having trouble with I want you to be able to get some feedback and useful information to help you out so don't hesitate to come to us. It's like I said before: at AudioSex we believe in helping people that help themselves. All the best. 

13. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

don't take points 9 to 12 the wrong way, ipads have their uses

check if kontakt after installation is running as full and not demo. Open kontakt and click on the NI logo on the top right hand side, the popup box first line should tell you what version you are using.

If it says full then most likely your libraries need to be re-installed (again I suspect bad registry data)

Obviously if it says demo, then you have not installed kontakt correctly. (service center problem)

Might be worth looking before the drastic action of uninstalling and re-installing everything :wink:

14. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

This is useful too and is by none other than xoso: http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/7516-kontakt-51-on-windows-80/page__p__45709__hl__%2Bservice+%2Bcenter__fromsearch__1#entry45709 I'd actually read it first.

15. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

That's the catch and if they can't see it................. just be glad you can. :bow:

16. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDgDNrtFG-g

17. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

:lmao:

18. spyki2000

spyki2000 Newbie

Thanks A Ton buddy..though its kind a scary for a me to play with regitry on such scale :) will try it once m thru with the proj ongoing so than i dont get a attack if anything goes wrong :) Appreciate ur help.