kontakt 5.1.0 old library demo mode

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by albedo067, Jun 13, 2013.

1. albedo067

albedo067 Noisemaker

suggestion for fix this problem??

bye
    claudio

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Could you give more details please?
    Kontakt version?
    Which old library

What do you see on screen? instruments saying demo expire?

4. Teletoby

Teletoby Member

Try this:

STEP 1: ERASE "com.native-instruments.Kontakt5.plist" FROM YOUR PREFERENCES FOLDER UNDER LIBRARY/PREFERENCES.
    STEP 2: OPEN YOUR FINDER AND SEARCH FOR "NI SERVICE CENTER"
    STEP 3: SCOUR THROUGH ALL THE SUB FOLDERS AND ERASE ANY FILE WITH THE EXTENSION ".XML" (MAKE A BACKUP OF THESE AS I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEIR PURPOSE IS.
    STEP 4: INSTALL THE INCLUDED OFFICIAL KONTAKT 5.1 FROM THE INSTALLER
    STEP 5: REPLACE THE "KONTAKT5.COMPONENT" WITH THE INCLUDED PATCH

DONE!!!!!!!!

The .xml files are the ones that prevent all the good libraries from going into demo mode.

5. tracer

tracer Member

the purpose of that local stored xml's: every ni installer (no matter if from a iso or trial) have such xml stored in the setup data's offline dir. it's filled with all the unique product details (like allknown kontakt librarys also have) - means: each app have also unique SNPID, thats the first digits *more or less 3-8 digit long- of a pre-sn, who works first like a product ID!

let us as example say : kontakt PLAYER have 3232 , so your first installed sn looks like "32232-3xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx" - the x = no matter) thats usefull infos for the service center who must decide wich app is added AND giving you the choice to activate the product, and: this xml stored mostly more SNPID ranges for eg. all sub-version of various apps (as example : traktor pro \ scratch pro version etc. who all works from a a single app. the xml also stored pre-used next state placeholders eg. bundled\member-sn etc.) beside that, all other details like authsystem, the right registry name and more... ONLY JUST TO: works from the setup as "placeholder" for the things that gets added to your machines registry (sn-name etc) -> from the first install up into your maybe full activation. so the installer make as usual beside the first registry addings also a copy of the .xml into your system fot coming steps of states that you and the service center "see" (all i told is not a secret, so the location is at: c:program files\common files\native instrument\service center)

usually this storex xml's doesnt disturb not many ones... but if a "however situation" or version of a ni-app comes, it could be have absolute different reactions at users machines: eg. the ones who FIRST time installed a ni-app (on a ni-clean sys. - they get autoadded the snpid tagged from the setup ) and some ones who stored since a long time many appz incl. using a lot different details on each app! (you maybe know such a situations on a ni-forum: user 1 and user 2 using ALL THE same but one is lucky and the other one sad! this could also have to do with eg this , even more complex things and also just tiny differences (eg custom pre installers, dropped on a setup \ clean'up 3party tools used at the past etc)

thats all, i can say to the .xml files (in oxford business english)
    *beside that i read mostly a "start as admin" hint (who is also stored in the original ni product detail) -> if a lib is not shown \ away.
    -> but a forgotten one is: "Some libraries cannot be decrypted until you restart, Kontakt reads decryption keys at startup, so you need to) wich was quoted by someones at the past... maybe it helps some one... (and the other ones not, hehe - summary = its wonderfull strange)

6. kanter

kanter Newbie

Should I delete the XML files in order to stop my kontakt libraries such as Damage appearing as DEMO MODE in cubase? I'm on PC?