Kontakt 5.1.0 (Full vesion) becomes Kontakt Player

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by DutchMusicMan, Jan 10, 2013.

1. DutchMusicMan

DutchMusicMan Newbie

I have installed the full version of Kontakt 5.1.0, but when I open Kontakt in my DAW, I get the Kontakt Player! If I click on the NI-logo I see "Licence Type: Full" and "Version 5.10.6066". Can somebody tell me what is wrong and how can I fix it? Thanks in upfront!

Regards,
    Marco.

3. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

if the problem keeps appearing, back up everything you need and reinstall.. did you try this? don't forget to uninstall all the 'traces' too...

by the way does everything function as a full version would?

4. light59

light59 Noisemaker

Did you have a Kontakt version installed prior to this installation? If that's the case, most likely deleteting the entries from the registry will cure this problem. The following is an AudioZ link in which I've explained how to do it (look for the last post).

AudioZ

5. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ DutchMusicMan,

Before to start, just some additional info can be useful.

Firstly, are you using 'legitimate' versions of both 'Kontakt' applications (FULL version & FREE Player), or rather their 'not so legitimate' counterparts ? :rofl:

Secondly, was your 'FREE Player' version already installed prior that you install the FULL version v5.1.0 ?

A conclusion could be that if you use the legitimate 'FREE Player', that you (certainly) got from the Official Native Instruments Website, there's a lot of probabilities that you have been forced to register it through their 'Service Center', isn't ?
    In this case, maybe the fact to have to officially register it has allowed 'NI Service Center' to discover that you were using a 'FULL Kontakt' illegitimate version... therefore to 'deactivate' your 'not so legitimate' FULL Kontakt version if you use one.

Only a suggestion... simply wait for more answers and comments ! *yes*

6. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

If the new install doesn't overwrite the vst .dll it's possible you have both installed. Make your DAW reload your vst's and check to see if you have 2 kontakts. It's possible it didn't add the new version and your clicking on the old player vst that is still there.

What Studio 555 said is also plausible.

7. DutchMusicMan

DutchMusicMan Newbie

Hi there. Thanks for your replies!

I once had a Kontakt Player installed, long time ago. Then I had the Kontakt 5.0.3 from Assign installed. Before I installed this latest Kontakt version, I uninstalled every Kontakt version and I cleaned up the registry. I also deleted all the old Kontakt 5 files that where left on my HD. So there was absolutely no previous version left before I installed this version. But the is still a 'Service Center' installed. Let's see what happens if I uninstall this Service Center...

8. DutchMusicMan

DutchMusicMan Newbie

@ XOSO....There is only 1 Kontakt version in my DAW and it has the version number 5.10.6066 (The R2R version) and Licence Type: Full.

9. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

also insure that you have your daws blocked to access the internet (incoming and outgoing)

In Windows7 goto

Control Panel / System and Security / Windows firewall / Advanced Settings

you then need to add a new rule for inbound and outbound :wink:

10. DutchMusicMan

DutchMusicMan Newbie

YES!!!! It worked! I uninstalled Kontakt 5 and the Service Center and I cleaned up the registry. Then I installed Kontakt 5 again and it works!!! Thanks for your replies!