Kontact 5 glitch

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by grizz, Feb 17, 2013.

1. grizz

grizz Member

im in need of advice. im using kontakt 5 v5.1 by r2r as a plug in with fl studio. but when i make a beat with 5 kontakt tracks it starts glitching or skipping notes. any idea on how i can fix this problem. i tried messing around with the asio4all driver settings and the buffer settings and even did what the video on it says to do but nothing works. it says bad plugin behavior. im so ready to uninstall but i like the program

3. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

The only time Kontakt skips notes is when I purge all samples from memory and let them load on demand (as needed) so it loads the samples in realtime and misses notes for a first couple of times I play the pattern. What library are you using to make the beats?

4. grizz

grizz Member

The Maybach and Hip Hop Brass libraries. also it skips notes no matter how long i let the pattern play. cpu usage shoots into the upper 90's and i even added more ram. i dont have this problem when i use nexus, vanguard, sylenth1, rayblaster, or gladiator with a minimum of 10 plugin tracks

5. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

I see...have you tried any other library in Kontakt other than this (these?)
    The reason is that it is possible that the library is buggy itself with bad scripting. I ran a user designed Kontakt build once of a Cello which had some scripting going on and it just locked my whole machine to a halt.

6. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Could be your computer sucks. If you go into the kontakt options, there is a check mark for an option that drops voices if your cpu/memory load gets to high for your computer. So if its a huge library or one that takes a lot of resources kontakt could be dropping voices because the option is checked.

7. grizz

grizz Member

i looked at that and the option is not checked and its not my computer because kontakt 4 which i use with presonus studio one works fine. besides my computer is only 1 yr old

8. grizz

grizz Member

yes i did. i tried the library that comes with it as well as the dr dre, hip hop beast, an suite groove 2 libraries. i still get the same high cpu usage and glitching