Komplete Kontrol stuck on initializing gui

Discussion in 'Software' started by Andrew Wickett, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Andrew Wickett

Andrew Wickett Newbie

Can someone help pease? Komplete Kontrol gets stuck on 'initializing gui'
    Tried everything to fix it. I did a complete reinsatllation of Windows 10.
    It worked at first but today the same issue has occurred

3. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

A little more information would be good. Version of software, original, warez ...

1) First thing I would suspect is a USB malfunction. Have you connected the Komplete keyboard to USB when you started the software, did you connect it directly to one of the the computers USB ports?
    Or have you installed software fiddling with the USB ports like for instance "USB over Network". They sometimes have bad side effects on the USB bus.

I would pull out any USB connection and perform a cold boot of the PC. Then connect the Komplete keyboard directly to one of the USB ports of the PC and start the software.

2) Next suspect would be the VST and VST3 plugins because they are called directly before GUI is initialized.
    Try to move all plugins form the standard VST / VST3 paths out of the search path into a temporary directory.
    If Komplete Kontrol now starts, stop it and move the plugins back to their prior path DLL by DLL (VST3 respectively).

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  4. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Does the issue manifest on the standalone version or the plugin? Both?

Latest version? Official? Warezed?

Note that most NI standalone software requires a network connection to localhost (as in, only to the local computer) so check you're not blocking that in your firewall. At least if you've NI hardware.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

The plugins should not be the usual level of concern, because the OP just formatted. Hopefully, the problem device/application would be the first thing installed and tested after a complete Windows reinstallation.

moving them out of the way (search path) is also what I usually suggest with things like this, and it certainly can't screw anything up worse. But I really doubt OP has installed a plugin which is failing validation/etc before fixing this (after wiping a drive trying). that would be counterproductive, but obviously not unheard of either.

The Komplete Kontrol plugin can be loaded into a DAW project without the device connected, ruling out the device as the first portion of the problem.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  6. Andrew Wickett

Andrew Wickett Newbie

Hi Guys. Sorry for the late reply. I fixed it by plugging in my S49 keyboard.
    Many thanks for your help.