Komplete Kontrol shows one library on the keyboard, but loads from another library

Discussion in 'Software' started by TheGoyaGod, Oct 16, 2020.

1. TheGoyaGod

TheGoyaGod Noisemaker

So, I noticed recently that my KK libraries (not all) show one thing on the keyboards screens, but load something completely different. for example: I have lo-fi glow selected on the keyboard and can preview the sounds, but then i look at KK interface adn it is displaying the library right next to it - lunaris.

Anybody ever have this issue?

My guess it has something to do with snpid, but how do i fix this?

3. TheGoyaGod

TheGoyaGod Noisemaker

here is a screenshot for example- I noticed this happens with a few different libraries:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. vgl

vgl Newbie

This is a technique I use on macOS, I see you are on PC, still try and see if it helps. It has helped me from time to time with weird behavior from NI products.

Go to Service Center folder that holds your .xml files and move all of the xml files out of there into another folder, named "backup" for example, that is not in the Service Center folder.

Then restart Native Access. Upon restart the .xml files/Native Access .xml file will rebuild itself. Sometimes this helps correct some errors.

5. TheGoyaGod

TheGoyaGod Noisemaker

i noticed after installing a few more libraries, the issue kind of fixed itself, but i will try this and report back...thx

6. TheGoyaGod

TheGoyaGod Noisemaker

Alright, so i tried removing all the xml and placing it in a backup folder, then launching NI access...but that didn't work. it also didn't seem to rebuild the databse. the only one it recreated was native access.xml

I think I may have did it wrong.

was I supposed to open NI and then do repair on all the libraries?

7. vgl

vgl Newbie

It's working right, it only creates one .xml file. I believe that single Native Access .xml has all the data as if you had one .xml for each instrument/effect.

8. TheGoyaGod

TheGoyaGod Noisemaker

theres alot more than this, but this is genrally what it looks like. I moved all of this into another folder and ran access, but no fix.

[​IMG]

9. TheGoyaGod

TheGoyaGod Noisemaker

damn..nobody huh? I can only get it to work if i change the view to see each vendor ie: best service, native instruments..etc etc...it doesn't display right if i view in all...smh

In Ni support someone suggested this...I reinstalled alot of my stuff from NI access, but still no luck. Here is what they suggested:

I had the same exact problem during beta, and NI couldn't figure out what was going on.
    They thought it was a confusion of sorts with all the different files and whatnot.
    I noticed that everything worked fine till I got to a certain plug in, then at that plug in, it would start showing the presets for the next instrument, and so on till I got to the end of my plug in list.
    On that plug in, when I scrolled to it, the cursor wouldn't stay on the plug in, it kept sliding over to the next to the last plug in.
    Note, it was only NI plug ins that were effected, 3rd party plug ins were just fine.

I am by no means suggesting this, but I'm a person of extremes.
    I completely uninstalled everything NI in my system.
    I mean everything.
    And after reinstalling, I've had 0 problems, minus the silly user error type of problems.

So now to do some sleuthing.
    Could this be a database problem?
    I'm on a Mac, and we use .plists so I don't know how you uninstall/reinstall on windows, but if you do a wipe of Cuba and reinstall it, then rebuild Komplete's database, it might pop everything back in place.

I'm just thinking/typing aloud.
    If/when you get a solution, please post it here.