Komplete Kontrol & Maschine problem with plugins - SOLVED!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Xenon, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Xenon

Xenon Producer

when i want to launch a plugin in Komplete Kontrol software, I have to select it thru the menu, right`?
    but when i hover with my mouse over the "instruments" option, the gui freezes and hangs, nothing other than a shutdown is possible!
    and the same happens in the Maschine software when i want to load a plug in when i klick on the "plus symbol"!
    It happens in the vst plugins of KK and M as also in the standalones.
    I have allready tried the usual procedure with registry deleting, and folderdeleting to rebuild the databases, complete uninstall and new install, vst folder rescan etc., but I cant find the cause!
    Has anyone an idea what else i can try`?
    Win10

Screenshot 2022-10-03 211139.jpg Screenshot 2022-10-03 211534.jpg

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

What happens when you run Komplete Kontrol standalone without your device connected?

Do you use Revo for cleanup after these things?

4. Xenon

Xenon Producer

The same... Connected or not...
    and i use revo and iobit uninstaller pro and other registry tools

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

6. Xenon

Xenon Producer

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

Have you installed any new VST plugins since it last worked correctly? When I open it, it finds the Virus plugin and then lags forever trying to find the unconnected hardware device. Got anything like that it could be scanning *forever* and then erroring out?

8. Xenon

Xenon Producer

What do you mean with "virus plugin"? All my plugins are running without problems in every daw.

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

just any plugin that is going to lag the program when it scans. you can see it "hang" on the splash screen of Komplete Kontrol.

Anyway, are you using a cracked version; or the NI official installers? Did you cleanly remove and uninstall all of this stuff at on time and start over completely?

It actually takes more details to figure out someone else's problem for them. You can supply them or have not working stuff....

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  10. Xenon

Xenon Producer

No scan problems. Everything else works fine. By only moving the cursor over the instrument-option it hangs imediatly

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

You don't even have to click it? Ok, so it has made it past its initial scan and the program is loaded. How long have you left it idle for, before trying it again? Meaning, you open the program and just let it sit there.... I mention the virus because it is the only other hardware I have which this program is attempting to communicate to via usb. like the kk does. You have to remember this application/plugin is attempting to find something attached to your usb bus.

Does the device function correctly otherwise? or other usb controller type hardware?

12. Xenon

Xenon Producer

Im only using high quality brands, like r2r or bob dule:disco:

13. Xenon

Xenon Producer

Long enough for sure

14. Xenon

Xenon Producer

If a plugin is the cause i woud not know which one...

15. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I used to have this problem for a really long time before this, about a year I guess. Then one day my SSD dead and I had to install new Windows and stuff. That's the only fix, believe me I tried everything I could and I'm not the one that gives up easily. I even contacted bobdule few times over messages and didnt find anything to fix that. At one point I tried to delete everything NI from the HD, 2 full days (including installing all the NI plugin and library back) for that I spent 2 hours (I think more) alone to clear every NI entry on Windows Registry manually! and when I install Maschine and KK, the problem is still there. I feel you, it is so fucking annoying when sometimes you accidentally clicked the add and everything stuck.

16. clone

clone Audiosexual

Yes, I have this guy's problem narrowed down to these sorts of things as well. But I'm not going to just jump and tell a windows user to format a hard drive. From my Mac. ;)

I'd first delete everything NI. but I would also try reinstalling them cleanly, and then removing all at once cleanly. some windows style cross your fingers you stumble upon the problem. I use the S49, and for example; if I do not run Standalone first after installation, it does stupid random things. To get the official and another versions together has to be in the correct order, and if you do it incorrectly you might as well start over.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  17. Xenon

Xenon Producer

:woot:

18. Xenon

Xenon Producer

When i remove my main vst folder from the list, in the preference menu, it works and shows all plugins from the other vst folders. So im pretty sure that there is a problem with a specific plugin from my main vst folder:unsure:

19. Longman

Longman Member

That should make it relatively easy. You can eliminate by removing suspect VSTs first one at a time, if you have a list of suspects.

If that is too laborious (or the suspects are well hidden) then try the mathematical approach to elimination: you divide the VSTs in half and restore half the VSTs to see which half they are in. Then try a half of the 'naughty' malfunctioning half (.IE. a quarter of the original lineup).

This way you can quickly isolate the 'offender' very fast.

Maybe your problem is like ours. Not wanting to hijack the thread, but it may be related.

We have Kontakt 7 working stand alone and in Reaper but Komplete Kontrol threw up "cannot find plugin messages" whenever the K7 VST3 was called for (eg Kontakt Factory Library 2).

I removed Kontakt 6.7 with Revo and K7 still works but Komplete Kontrol still cannot find Kontakt 7 VST3. Standalone K7 works fine. (W10 7th gen I7 16GRam KK 2.7.0 Rev2 so probably the Bob Dule one). Can anybody suggest possible answers? Is St Bob Dule out there dans le monde du digitique. Pardon moi. Mon Francais est merde. That is saying that I am sorry. My French is crap.

Maybe Revo left the VST in from Konakt 6.7 as K6 still showed up in KK. I un-ticked it and still no joy.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  20. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I did that, I even I moved all plugins to other folder temporarily and keep the default location both VST2 and VST3 empty, and 0 NI library (Kontakt & Maschine EXP) installed, with no information of NKS compatible plugins in the registry (I backed up the registry and delete all NI folders) and reinstall KK and Maschine. Still didnt work for me back then. If it works for you, maybe you should add the vst back maybe little by little until you detect which one is the culprit. I obviously didnt do that because even with 0 plugin it still stuck.

21. Xenon

Xenon Producer

I just had to laugh about, because that is exactly what i thought and is what I will try next!!:mates: