Komplete Kontrol/Maschine Duplicate Presets

Discussion in 'Software' started by Qiloo, May 13, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Qiloo

Qiloo Ultrasonic

Hi,
    I've been having an issue with Maschine & Komplete Kontrol showing duplicated presets in their browsers. I had tech support with them but they found out I had cracked software so they couldn't help me lol. That was 2 years ago.

This happens with the NI stuff and not all of them, just the old stuff (Battery, Spark, old kontakt libraries. etc). Also, Maschine 2.13 doesn't present this problem but when I update to higher version the issue appears. However I'm not able to use Maschine 2.13 with the new Kontakt stuff. Newer Komplete versions allow me to use the Kontakt stuff but the presets are duplicated.

I know maybe I'm being picky here but I initially purchased this controller to have most sounds at hand, and it's really cool to have everything mapped but the duplicate presets are a pain in the butt.
    I also did my research:
    - Deleting the db3 files to reset the databases - no luck
    - Reinstalling both DAWs - no luck
    - Running both in Rosetta mode - no luck

If anybody else had this issue, or has any leads PLEASE help me.

3. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

on pc you right click on a patch and select Find in Explorer, next do the same on the duplicate...
    presume similar for Mac....
    Should be able to work out why from there.

4. Qiloo

Qiloo Ultrasonic

I tried that as well but this isn't about duplicate files, it's just duplicates in the browser. Thanks for the tip anyways.

5. vandenDunkelgrund

vandenDunkelgrund Member

is there any solution?

6. Qiloo

Qiloo Ultrasonic

I know there is because somebody from NI said it's has a specific workaround but I don't know what needs to be done.

7. vandenDunkelgrund

vandenDunkelgrund Member

that doesn't get me anywhere.
    NI´s "specific workaround" says nothing.
    Help! Please! Is there no one out there who had this problem and could fix it?

macOS Ventura
    MacBook Pro
    Intel
    Logic

Last edited: May 30, 2023
  8. Qiloo

Qiloo Ultrasonic

bump

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

I would delete all the native instruments plist files, too. they are not always removed by generic uninstaller.

do this. Close any NI applications and plugins you may have open. Option+Click Go. Click Library. Click the folder Preferences. You will have a Finder Window open. Top Right, in Search bar type in com.native-instruments. You will end up with a list of files: like com.native-instruments.Analog Dreams.plist. If you want to, make a backup folder of them, just somewhere accessible. Delete all of the Native-Instruments plist files. Don't forget to delete the NI stuff in /Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/
    Uninstall any applications you have to.

Reboot. Reinstall your NI application/s.