Komplete Kontrol Error Messages

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vincent Price, May 3, 2024.

1. Vincent Price

Vincent Price Kapellmeister

Hello

I am wondering why I am getting errors messages on Komplete Kontrol. I am getting a ensemble not found message when I try and load up Monark and also a 'Error Applying preset' message when trying to load Prism

The things that even weirder, is that looking at my audio plugins folder etc, I don't have Monark or Prism

So why is it showing up in Komplete Kontrol?

3. Diamz

Diamz Ultrasonic

They may be showing up if you own Maschine packs that utilise these plugins for some of the preset patches. Do you own a Komplete Kontrol keyboard?

4. Vincent Price

Yes, I have the Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2

5. Vincent Price

These are the Maschine expansions that I have

Backyard Jams
    DJ Khalil
    Faded Reels
    Halycon Sky
    Lucid Mission
    Neo boogie
    Prospect Haze
    Trill Rays
    Velvet Lounge

6. Diamz

Diamz Ultrasonic

Ah, I somehow feel it may be related to that. I had this issue in the past, which was kind of pressuring me to use plugins I didn't want to just to get these patches working. For this reason I only use the Maschine Factory library, which doesn't require any additional plugins bar Massive possibly. Also I find most of those curated packs don't really do it for me as I prefer to use my own samples/drums in either MPC or my DAW. It is a bit of an oversight by NI imo. I have a load of MPC packs, which I find pretty useless also. Depending on how much you rely on these kits, you could try removing them to see if it resolves your issue. Otherwise you can keep them, but don't worry it probably isn't anything you have done wrong. Try loading some of the Maschine pack demo songs and see if it asks for those plugins or says sounds are missing. Then you will know if you they are the culprit. Hope that helps.

7. Vincent Price

Is there a way of removing the prism libraries etc in komplete kontrol or hiding them? I’ve had a look in preferences and if I untick them, maschine rescans but the plugins are still there

8. Diamz

Diamz Ultrasonic

Are you on Mac? You could try looking in Library/Preferences and look for anything under com.native-instruments related to prism or monark etc. This is where Kontakt and Komplete look for installed content. However if they part of those Maschine libraries you may be stuck with them. It is sometimes all or nothing with NI stuff. Also look in your service center folder for any xml files which may relate to them. Make sure you back these up though in case you need them in future.