Komplete Kontrol Could Not Load Plugin (Kontakt Library)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vincent Price, Sep 27, 2023.

1. Hello

I have recently just managed to get Komplete Kontrol working, however there were all my Kontakt libraries showing last night before I shut my Mac down, and now half of them are missing as well as in kontakt. Having loaded them up again in Kontakt, some of them are still not showing up in Komplete Kontrol

Having looked at one of the libraries XML files some of them were incorrect, however some of them weren't, and show up in Kontakt but still not in Komplete Kontrol...

Also some libraries now are coming up with the error 'could not load plugin' in Komplete kontrol

I am not sure as to why this is...could it be that it the Kontakt library needs replacing with a newer version so the latest version of Komplete Kontrol can see them?

Thanks

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

4. I am going through the Kontakt 5.6.0, Komplete Kontrol is now showing the 'could not plugin' with every single library.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Oh, use KLU instead of K5. After I got KLU working i deleted 5 and haven't needed it again.

But this is why I care so little about the s49 screens. It is like a arms race trying to keep up with NI's updates and what goes to what....

6. I will try that and let you know

7. Doesn't seem to be doing anything

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

You could probably expand upon that thought.

9. Komplete Kontrol is saying for all kontakt libraries 'could not load plugin'

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

What version of Kontakt do you have installed? I am on the last one that I can run, 6.6 and that's it. If there is a newer version than you have I would update it to that.

11. I am on 7.6.0, I did what you said and uninstalled 5.6.0 and also Kontakt 6

I have also used the Library utility to remove all my Kontakt Libraries so I will start new and add them all in.

12. I just don't know what is happening...it is doing it with everything now. We've gone from it working to not working at all but I haven't changed anything. I installed the VST version of battery....it can't load it

13. clone

clone Audiosexual

I didn't tell you to uninstall anything. I told you that I uninstalled 5, after I knew it was all working.

When you make moves like that, you can seriously confuse yourself and end up with mixing and matching files leftover from previous install attempts. Especially if you are using different Teams releases, your installation becomes a grab bag of remnants from prior installations.

You need to do this "upgrade path" types of software installs very deliberately and in some logical sequence.

Have you previously installed NI Native Access legit software on the machine before? If you were to hand me this machine and say "Fix it", I wouldn't know what was and wasn't done to it. So I would meticulously uninstall all of it and clean up any leftover junk files. Then reinstall them. I would just be happy that this is not an Omnisphere installation because it takes so long. literally hours. :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
  14. Yes, it has ended in massive confusion...going to Start to from scratch with a brand new install of Mac OS

15. clone

clone Audiosexual

That might be a little bit heavy-handed but at the same time you know it's going to work and be done right. Once you get this stuff installed and working, you could create a Time Machine backup and not have to do it again. Take a pause before installing Native Access. I am not sure you should need it.