Komplete Kontrol 2.4 for MAC + not showing Kontakt libraries

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Kahuna Funk, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Kahuna Funk

Kahuna Funk Newbie

I have a question. I checked everything on this forum, but it did not provided a solution.

I have everything from Komplete 13 Ultimate working. Cracked that is. Also Maschine with a lot of libraries. The only thing that is not working is my cracked version of Komplete Kontrol (2.4.0, I am on a Mac and this is the latest cracked version). It does not show the Kontakt libraries. It does show other stuff like the Battery 4 factory library.

I have installed Kontakt 5.6.0 standalone (for adding libraries) and Kontakt 6.6.1. That last one I use in Ableton as Audio Unit and VST. When I add a library via Kontakt 5.6.0 standalone it is showing in Kontakt 6.6.1. For example Abbey Road 70's Drummer. I have that library, just as all my libraries, in the users/shared folder.

I already deleted the VST3 file of Kontakt 6. I read that somewhere.
    In the Komplete Kontrol preferences/library/factory tab I don't see the path to the Abbey Road 70's drummer, but I do see the path to the Battery 4 factory library. Again, every library I install in the same folder (users/shared). Within Komplete Kontrol preferences/plugins the Kontakt VST box is ticked. I tried to untick ' always use latest version of NI plugins'. Did not help. Rescanning did also not help. Also reinitializing the Komplete Kontrol database by deleting the komplete.db3 and favorites.db3 did not help.

What am I missing here? Or what do I need to do for the Kontakt libraries to show in Komplete Kontrol? Again, they are showing in Kontakt 6.6.1 both standalone and in Ableton.

I just bought Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol Keyboard S61. My idea was to not install anything legit and only use cracked stuff. No mix. I assume Maschine will be working with all of my cracked Maschine libraries. Not sure though. Will check that when I unpack the stuff.
    Or.. Would it be possible to register the Keyboard and/or Maschine by downloading Native Access and then only download the latest legit version of Komplete Kontrol and not download other legit stuff that comes bundled with the Keyboard and Maschine? And then mix legit Komplete Kontrol with all of my cracked stuff?

On the other hand, if that works, I don't think that will solve my problem of not showing the Kontakt libraries in Komplete Kontrol.
    So maybe I first I have to solve that problem and then maybe the legit Komplete Kontrol route + cracked everything thing?

Ow, and about Maschine. I'd better not register that thing when I think about it cause then I probably cannot use the cracked version of Maschine software in combination with all of the libraries.

Any suggestions are welcome! I can do a clean install of my whole Mac, so if there is a guide for all of this, I would love it!

Regards from the Netherlands, E

3. BigM

BigM Guest

Try performing a komplete kontrol reset, delete the following files:

Finder:/Users/Shared/NI Resources/ (the whole folder)

Note: The next files are in the hidden Library folder on your computer, so to access it please follow these steps:
    1. Go to the Finder (or desktop).
    2. Hold the Option key on your keyboard, and click the Go menu at the top of the screen.
    3. With the Go menu open, you'll notice that pressing and releasing Option will display or hide the Library choice in this menu.
    4. Select Library from the Go menu (while holding down Option) to access the hidden folder.

/Users/$user$/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center/pal.db

/Users/$user$/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Maschine 2/komplete.db3

/Users/$user$/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol/komplete.db3

Edit: You can also install the latest version 2.6.x via native access by creating a NI account. Komplete kontrol is a free product and it won't interfere with k'd libs.

If you download it via native access run standalone before using vst to identify all libs and plugins.(maybe same for k'd)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2022
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

Do you use even Kontakt 5 anymore @BigM? Or do the Kitty scripts get rid of the need to install Kontakt v5 completely?

5. BigM

BigM Guest

I tried k5 it works. But at the same time kitty's scripts also worked fine with my current libs. If you like k5 you can use the standalone application to add-libs and remove vsts. Currently i'm using kitty's scripts which are less hassle.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2022
  6. Kahuna Funk

Kahuna Funk Newbie

Thanks for your input, but I already tried that. Did not work. Komplete Kontrol does not see the Kontakt Libraries And Kontakt does see them. I can use them in Ableton.

The .plist files of all libraries are in Library/Preferences. There are also .plist files of all the libraries in the hidden folder Users/Library/Preferences.

Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center is filled with all of the .xml files of all the libraries.

There are also .meta and a few .png files of all the libraries in /Users/Shared/NI Resources/image.

7. Billy Shears

Billy Shears Newbie

I'm also wondering if anyone has a solution so every library that shows up in Kontakt shows up also in Komplete Kontrol