Komplete Kontrol 1.5

Discussion in 'Software' started by 3typen, Feb 19, 2016.

1. 3typen

3typen Ultrasonic

Hi there

are they any issues regardding Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol Software and unlicenced Kontakt librarys which can only used with a unlicenced Kontakt (Demomode, Unlicenced since KK install, and so on).
    Me want to install it to profit from a better way to search and index Sounds.

Did any1 have experience with the VIP System? Which Tag-based System is worth exploring

3. patpat

patpat Noisemaker

VIP actually is THE browser (even for NI players...) but there are not so many third party libraries (for Kontakt) already mapped in VIP (only the ones from the Komplete Serie)... for most of the other ones, you have to import them manually in the browser... But everything from the Komplete Bundle is pre-mapped and carefully tagged into VIP... The main differences (VIP vs Komplete Kontrol) are: VIP has got lot of pre-mapped major VSTIs (and now also fx VSTs); VIP has got a multi mode (8 parts= just as easy as the Omnisphere multi modes= splits/layers/mix/fx insert) and a setlist mode (so cool to organize things just the way you want)...

KK is a dedicated NI global browser... deeper integration of any NI player, for sound design and fluent control of inner parameters...
    VIP is a global (universal) browser... dedicated to mix and play patches from your whole palette of plugins... Of course, you can also easily control parameters into your plugins, but the "philosophy" is more "omnisphere multimode"-ish...

The setmode list is a kind of absolute customizable personal Index!

Hope it will help you to make your choice!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  4. 3typen

3typen Ultrasonic

ok. thank you for your reply. did you know if any of theese "Librarybrowsers" doing anything to unlicenced software (a cracked kontakt) or samplelibs (that are not registered)

5. patpat

patpat Noisemaker

Legit and non legit players/libraries are all well integrated!

6. 3typen

3typen Ultrasonic

ok thank you. can i use the original komplete kontrol release by ni or must i use the unofficial 1.5 version

7. patpat

patpat Noisemaker

I use the R2R KK... but I 've just installed their former KK 1.1... I had to face some problematic issues for Reaktor 6 and Reaktor 5 with the 1.5 release...

8. 3typen

3typen Ultrasonic

did you tried this?

9. Tonk

Tonk Member

I am totally new to this subject, but I am interested in buying the "S88-Masterkeyboard" from Native Instruments.

I would like to know:
    can I use the software "Komplete Kontrol" (R2R-version) as a VST-plugin in my sequenzer Cubase 8.5
    and at the same time make use of the masterkeyboard "S-88" to operate all the non-legit Kontakt libraries?

Thanks for an answer.