Komplete Audio 6 mk1&2 high impedance (ohm)

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by vuuru_keg, Sep 4, 2019.

1. vuuru_keg

vuuru_keg Platinum Record

hey guys quick question,
    anyone has experience using a 300+ ohm heaphones with the Komplete Audio 6 MK 1 interface?
    anyone knows how the MK 2 handles 300+ ohm/high impedance headphones?

I tried a 470 ohm heaphones on my MK1 the other day for a few minutes and it worked just fine, but some told me that the interface is still not enough to drive the headphones and i really dont understand what that means (Audio Technica R70x)... because i could hear really good without bringing the volume knob all the way up or even close...
    I really want to upgrade to a pro pair of open back studio headphones, im only interested in the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 or the Audio Technica R70x, tried a few others and didnt like any at all,
    please dont reccommend other headphones - thats not the purpose of my post.

If you think i should upgrade my interface please explain why exactly cus im confused at this point.. Any recommendations and experience is welcomed, i really enjoy an interface thats USB only and im using both windows and mac constantly
    Thanks!

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

If you could heard correctly with a 470 ohm headphones without pushing the volume to the max, you will be good with a dt990 or the R70x.
    I use a dt880 pro which is 350 ohm on a Scarlett 18i20 and I have to use max volume all the time.

But remember one thing, it all depends on how you mix.
    To do a real test, you should listen to tracks at professional level, which mean keeping enough headroom.
    So test again with tracks at -13db , then at -16db if you want to be sure that you can do a professional work.

4. vuuru_keg

vuuru_keg Platinum Record

thanks for the input!