Komplete 9 Mac and unregistered libraries

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by wavesequence, May 11, 2015.

1. wavesequence

wavesequence Newbie

Sorry if this subject was already discussed... I did my best to read thoroughly THIS THREAD but I'm clueless.

I bought Komplete 9 Ultimate, expecially for Kontakt 5.x. Although the installation was successful, I wasn't able to reload all my non-legit libraries I got during all these years.

Actually I have latest Kontakt version under Mac OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 and I'm wondering how to retrieve all my libraries I was using before under Snow Leopard and an old non legit Kontakt (that although wasn't able to load all the libraries).

Until now I understood just that I have to substitute my legit Kontakt with a R2R release and must create/edit .nictn files...
    What about .nkc, .nkx and .xml files that are needed to correctly load an unregistered sample library?

Please help,
    Thanks
    ws

3. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Right as far as it goes on WIN (imagine similar is possible with OSX)

1.) You DONT need to substitute your legit install that's just stupid.

2.) There no such thing as a cracked library.

3.) MOST kontakt libraries are not encrypted & will load fine in a legit version of Kontakt.

4.) why do u need to make nicnt files? Unless u desperate to use wallpapers which isn't really important or the library encrypted i.e u need to add it thru the window tab u can load it just fine thru quickload with no problems.

5.) NKX is a kontakt protected monolith (kontakt player libraries) with NKC file being a cache file for the monolith.

These must be added thru the library tab.
    However in Kontakt 5 u need a <library name>.nicnt just to add the encrypted library. XML is just details for service centre registration

6.) Try using libraries that are not encrypted & u will have no problems. MOST are not.

7.) If the library is encrypted you can then run a seperate Unlocked version alongside your legitimate install to load your encrypted libraries. However when u do this they will be added to the database & your legit install will pick them up & ask for registration

For example I could create a library called "Dogshit", create a nicnt & wallpaper, add it thru the library tab & it will ask me for a serial to reg it.

It's not that hard & possibly someone with a knowledge of how it works on OSX can help u out better :wink:

4. wavesequence

wavesequence Newbie

Clandestine

Thanks for your reply. As far as I can see, understand, under OSX is not possible having both legit and non-legit Kontakt running at the same time.
    I remember that when I had my non-legit Kontakt 5.x under Snow Leopard I was able to load almost any sample library. My issues began when I purchased Komplete 9 Ultimate because I got "no library found" in best cases or I was asked for the serial... :(
    Thus, my primary concern is being able to load my best beloved libraries and going back composing.

5. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Yep possibly u would if it were unlocked!

What libraries u having problems with. Normally no library found in kontakt 5 means it can't find the <library name>.nicnt which is needed for kontakt player libraries or those encrypted in NKX format

Try loading a simple non encrypted library .NKI thru Quickload NOT the add library tab & see what happens. Like I said I not an OSX guy so possibly not suited to give the best solution :wink:

6. Listening_player

Listening_player Member

As far as i know you can´t install legit and cracked contact at the same time. The only thing you can try is renaming the contact app and plugins of one version. But anyway, why don´t you simply use the cracked contact, it will work just fine with both legit and non legit stuff

7. wavesequence

wavesequence Newbie

Thanks Listening_player!
    In fact, at last, using a non legit version of Kontakt is what I'm thinking to do. On the other hand there are other things, such as .nictn/.xml files positioning that still aren't clear to me.
    I feel somewhat self-confident thanks to Time Machine, if something goes wrong I can go back as if nothing happened, however I'd prefer spending my time playing my instruments instead of fumbling with files, folders, permissions and so on *yes*