Komplete 12 vs Arturia V collection

Discussion in 'Software' started by samsome, Nov 1, 2019.

1. samsome

samsome Guest

My question is not exactly as per title.

basically

for some reason which i don't know why i was just told to go with Arturia.

Problem is, as far i know arturia does not have any drums or stringed instruments etc

Another problem is, Komplete does not offer bundles like (Everything except synths and pianos which would be ideal i guess) since i'll be getting enough synths and pianos from Arturia

can you advise what to do

thanks

3. A Ghost On The Moon

A Ghost On The Moon Producer

Honestly the way i've seen it is that arturia is useful for when I need the sound of a specific old vintage synth more than anything. Native Instruments as a whole suite is much more complete and useful for general music production, that being said it is a heck of a lot more expensive. I'd look into what products you want and try them before pulling the trigger on any purchase

4. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Assuming you're going the legal route and purchasing one or the other...

It's almost apples and oranges here. Kind of depends on what you're doing. I think Ghost answered it fairly well, but I'll just reiterate that.. Arutria V Collection is really awesome if you're targeting the vintage synth sound. There are a lot of free synths even that do this, although there's some really great emulation in this package.

Komplete is really super versatile though. It comes with a lot of different synths and effects, many of which are excellent. I own Komplete 9 Ultimate, and bought it when it was 50% off (I think this happens regular enough that you can catch it on a sale before long, yourself). I think that puts you around the same price range as Arturia V Collection at full price.

Which one is better for you? It really depends on what you need. I honestly have used Komplete a lot more than I have used Arturia, but I've actually deviated from both. I use Serum a lot more for music I produce. I know you can demo V Collection, so maybe that's what you should do. I'm not sure if Komplete also has a demo. Be your own judge.

5. A Ghost On The Moon

I think individual native instruments products have demos. They do have KOMPLETE Select for trying stuff for free I think

6. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

First of all, I'd like to understand why the problem is focused as Arturia Vs Native Instruments.
    They are completely different products. Is it because you plan to buy a pack and a keyboard controller?
    Second thing is, just for your knowledge, Arturia have a drum, it's called Spark.

If the idea is to buy a midi keyboard to control your vst, it is better not to stick one or the other company pack.
    Arturia's keyboard can control N. I. vst (as well as any other) simply using midi learn function, but N. I. Kontrol may not be as easy to use on anything.

So you could have an Arturia keyboard and chose form any company, the plugins that you really need/want.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

This is straight up free to have: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-start/
    You didn't really specify what kind of sounds you're after and how far you want to go designing your own because you may be able to make do with a full version of Kontakt and some decent libraries or Analog Lab even. I think the closest Arturia has to strings is Solina which isn't acoustic. Their CS-80 is gorgeously modelled and one of my favorites but again not acoustic at all.

8. A Ghost On The Moon

if we make it sound like the CS-80 is being recorded in a bedroom does it then technically count as an acoustic instrument?

9. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Exactly, No sampler with Arturia.

10. A Ghost On The Moon

I'd argue that videos demoing the original synths could be a decent sampler for what arturia's stuff can do. I've NEVER used the keyboard collection though

11. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Spark 2 is no longer included in the V collection, i'm not sure when they removed it but i got it in V4 but it had disappeared when i upgraded to V6 and its not in V7 either.

You can still buy it as a seperate product though.

12. samsome

samsome Guest

i guess getting the Komplete makes more sense I just hope i don't regret not getting arturia, for some reason in my head i just think they might have better synth sounds........which i never compared or anything, they just seem more specialized towards it no idea

but in any way,

can you advise me a smart way to get Komplete 12 utlimate as cheap as possible, i heard you can buy a lower version much cheaper and then just upgrade...that way i don't need to wait for the summer sale/black friday...

if you can provide me a link of what to buy to upgrade as cheap as possible to Komplete 12 upgrade that would be great

13. A Ghost On The Moon

Black Friday is this month though.... use this month to "try" the software. Reaktor 6 is an insanely powerful synth btw

14. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I love the CS-80 and Arp 2600, in particular, in V Collection.

15. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I'll also add that Komplete also comes with "Retro Machines Mk2" for Kontakt player. I haven't tried it yet (there's so much in this damn thing I haven't even come close to using it all), but I'm installing it now and going to give it a whirl. It's hard to beat the sounds of the big 80s synthesizers, but from the audio demos, this one looks like it isn't too shabby.

Then there's also Analog Dreams and Super 8, and probably a few other Kontakt or Reaktor libraries that try to achieve that vintage analog sound (and do a pretty good job too). The amount of stuff you get in Komplete Ultimate far surpasses V Collection. But if you're after a specific sound, V Collection might still be better for you.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  16. NeverenoghFun

NeverenoghFun Platinum Record

Thats... lol
    Komplete all the way man.. Get arturia if you simply want to do sound design on old emulations.
    If you want to produce.
    Arturia has no sampler, no drum vst, comes with zero effects.. who ever told you to go with arturia is insane lol
    or never touched NI.. but who the hell hasnt