KLU (Kontakt Library Utility)

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Fred Bloggs, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs Platinum Record

If it "worked nicely", why did you feel the need to install it with KLU as well ? Did you change the NICNT file ? The SNPID ? Is there a duplicate SNPID, with another library ? I still don't think this is a KLU related problem.
    I'm afraid I don't understand your VST paths problem either. Could you explain exactly what the problem is and how that relates to KLU. If it's not related to KLU, you're posting in the wrong forum.:unsure:

2. Crackman

Crackman Newbie

Hey !

I did it because I thought it was necessary to install it with KLU. I changed everything, deleted the folder and downloaded again and then install in Kontakt with KLU but nothing again…

i changed the nicnt via KLU, and the SNPID via KLU but nothing too…

i think it is related to KLU because before it it worked very well, and I know it’s my fault, I didn’t have to download it via KLU…

My bad ! Anyways, if you have the solution I’m still there haha !

3. Crackman

Crackman Newbie

why via 5.6 ? Isn’t Kontakt 7 working with libraries ?

4. Fred Bloggs

Yes… bad idea to replace the Factory Library NICNT files. Both Factory 5 and Factory 2 have embedded png files that you really need to keep, especially if you want a picture in K7s secondary browser ! Oh and your error may come from another library with a duplicate or near duplicate SNPID number. By "near duplicate", I mean for instance Factory 5 library has a SNPID of 324. A "near duplicate" would be something like 3240. Factory 2's SNPID is KL2 - a "near duplicate" would be KL20 for instance. I had this case in two of my libraries and changing the "near duplicate" to something else fixed the problem. This might be worth checking…

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  5. the 25th hour

the 25th hour Newbie

i tried creating a nicnt file and its not working im running osx 13.6.1

I made a custom multi-sampled kontakt instrument with 7 nki files, I'm trying to make this nicnt file so it loads into the default library the files are all in the same folder.
    For some of the details, I'm using Kontakt 5 to load the library and Kontakt 7 to work in, when loading the nicnt file into kontakt 5 (add library) it's saying no library found. The Nicnt gen isn't giving me any errors and is completing the job fine of creating the file but the file isn't usable.

The text of the nicnt file looks like this:
    [​IMG]

When I run snipid it doesn't show the library as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know if you need any more information.
    Thanks any help would be appreciated.

6. Fred Bloggs

I see you are using my old NICNT Creator. Did you try with KLU ? NICNT files were updated in KLU. You didn't mention the folder hierarchy of your "Mellotape" library. This could be in it for something maybe :dunno:

7. the 25th hour

the 25th hour Newbie

thanks for the quick response, the folder hierarchy is
    I tried to fix it with the newer version but upon adding the library it loaded it, but I can't see it. when I try to reload it into Kontakt 5 it says the library is already added and I see the xml file but the library isn't visible. Not visible in the SNIPD as well....
    Any Thoughts?

8. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

You seems very confused about how libraries for Kontakt are working...

Theres two kind of libraries:

Official ones that coming with a .pkg installer for wich, no other actions are required to get them working.
    They simply show up in Kontakt libs launching the app/plugins.

Third parties, that arent libs "out of the box" need a nicnt file and optional walpapers
    and here is when you must use an app like KLU.

Please stop to spam this topic with silly posts. Be more curious and search solutions using the brain.:excl:

9. Fred Bloggs

Errrrr… by folder hierarchy, I meant the structure within the library folder, not the pat to the folder !!

10. the 25th hour

the 25th hour Newbie

Could you elaborate? I'm not sure how to see the library folder structure.
    Thank you

11. Fred Bloggs

OK. You said you built libraries then made a common library etc. etc. You did this without knowing what a folder structure is ?!
    You really need to swat on your basics… but NOT in this thread !

12. Crackman

Crackman Newbie

Hey !

I've done what you said, but still nothing is changed ...

here is my problem :

Attached Files:

13. Crackman

Crackman Newbie

I'm sorry if I don't know anything about Kontakt files... I'm just here to have a better understand of the thing and go on after this.

I've tried a multiple times and spent a lot of time solving this, but it can't be solved if I don't know anything about it.
    I'm still on the learning side...:unsure:

thank you anyways for your explanation !

14. Fred Bloggs

Wow ! I don't know what to say !:dunno: Your library seems to be a bit of a mess ! Kontakt Library 2 looks like this in KLU…
    https://workupload.com/file/ewefcvXPv36
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Fred Bloggs

Hey… I'm not putting you down ! Everyone has to start somewhere :wink:
    The thing is, you need to ask your questions in the correct forum if you want to get good answers. This particular post is for KLU and problems directly related to it. This is not the place to find out the basics of things like what a folder structure is ! It's not that it's a difficult question, its just not the place to ask it ! In a few words, a folder structure is the list and hierarchy of ALL the contents of a given folder. That said, I think your problem is a little deeper than that as you have apparently tried to combine sound libraries, not really knowing how to do that, but, I say again, this is not the thread on which to ask that sort of question. You'll find plenty of knowledgeable people on this site capable of answering all your questions. :bow:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  16. Crackman

Crackman Newbie

Thanks a lot !! I will ask it to another forums.

17. baseimpulse

baseimpulse Member

HI I tried installing KLU on M1 13.2.1 Ventura. For some reason it will not allow me to install let alone open the program. Im not sure where the clean pref file is supposed to go either. Can someone help? it keeps saying software needs update (KLU). not sure where to do here

18. Fred Bloggs

Errrr… why not ?
    If you haven't installed the app, you don't need to replace corrupted preferences, so you don't need the file !

19. clone

clone Audiosexual

MacOS will often give bs error messages when things are not code signed correctly, also. A screenshot of selected area is not too much to ask either. not "it doesn't work". :no:

20. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

^ theres always a solution for such issues like:

1) right click > open
    2) disable gatekeeper and allow to run apps from "anywhere"