KLU (Kontakt Library Utility)

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Fred Bloggs, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs Platinum Record

You're very welcome :):)

2. Fred Bloggs

The plist looks fine to me. Can you tell me a little more… what system you're on ? Any error messages you get ? Does it crash or quit ? Anything else of help to me ? Thanks.

3. BlackSmith

BlackSmith Newbie

I'm on M1 Macbook Pro on MacOs Montery 12.6.

I open the application and it just gives me back an error dialog and then quits the app once I press OK on the dialog.

I have attached an image

Attached Files:

4. Fred Bloggs

Mmmmm… I've just thrown away my installed version and preferences, downloaded the posted version 1.0.4 and installed it. After the initial warning about it being downloaded from internet, it starts just fine and creates a new preferences file without problem for me. From the feedback I've had, M1 users are able to boot it without problem too. so I'm afraid that, apart from throwing everything away and re-downloading it and installing it again, in case it got corrupted somehow in the download, I haven't much else to suggest. Perhaps other M1 users here could give you some insights…

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

I'm getting the same out-of-bounds error in KLU 1.0.4 on 10.13.6 High Sierra also. 1.0.3 does the same thing.

6. Fred Bloggs

I'm looking into this, but can't reproduce the error for the moment.
    Are you getting the error at the same place as @BlackSmith ?
    I'll keep you posted.

7. TheMull

TheMull Newbie

KLU 1.0.4 works fine on M1 Monterey 12.6. Crashes sometimes but works generally. Locking SNPID, locking wallpaper is great feature. Thank you and great job @Fred Bloggs :wink: I still prefer your old nicnt creator for the simplicity and successfully installed 90% of my library using that. Look forward to a new one for K7/ native access /.jwt. Thanks!

8. Indivism

Indivism Newbie

Hi @Fred Bloggs ! hope you are doing well :) I am also having trouble opening the latest 1.0.4 version. I get the same error as @clone and @BlackSmith when opening the app for the first time. I am running the latest Monterey 12.6.3. I think the error may be because I have not yet added any libraries to my Kontakt 7 installation, so maybe the preferences files were not created or something. Hope this helps you troubleshoot!

9. Fred Bloggs

Thanks. That information could indeed be useful.

10. Crackman

Crackman Newbie

Hi everyone !

I'm also here because of my demo version of Noire, as it works with windows but actually doesn't in Mac.

I also have the OutOfBounds Exception error every time I try to launch it; it's not my first try.

I also tried to uninstall and then install again but got the same error.

I'm on the last version of Mac Ventura, as I'm on a 16 inch Mac Pro with m1 pro.

Do you guys have any suggestions for me ?

I'm running on Kontakt 7 v1.5.

Thanks by advance !

11. Fred Bloggs

Strange that ! You and I have much the same setup 16" Mac Pro i9 and Latest Ventura.I just cannot get KLU to crash and I have Noire installed fine! For you and the other folks having problems, you can be sure I'll do an update IF I can reproduce the phenomenon!

12. Crackman

Crackman Newbie

Thanks a lot !!!
    do you think KLU will remove the demo version of the Noire then ? I installed a lot of noire packs from different sites, they work on windows but doesn’t on Mac… I hope KLU will get over these problems

thanks a lot anyways !!!

13. clone

clone Audiosexual

Check if that plist is even written to your preferences. I cannot find it on my ssd. KLU is crashing at load with the same error. Is it possible to just install it manually?

14. Fred Bloggs

I know that I installed Noire with KLU and it worked for me. That said, you can always try Kitty scripts, but if KLU doesn'y do it, I don't think Kitty scripts will do it either, since that is what KLU uses. I also remember recently installing it on a friend's M1 MacBook with KLU, so on her computer KLU didn't crash AND it installed ! Perhaps it was V1.3 though…
    I would really love to have more information on yhe crashing problem to try to get to the bottom of it ! As @clone said, if the plist is not being installed or is corrupted, that might well cause the crashing. Given that it is installed in your user preferences folder, there shouldn't be any authorisations problem but it can happen, so that might be worth checking too. I am posting a clean, default plist file separately in the first post so you can try a manual install. Just drop it in your user preferences folder "replacing" if needs be. Keep me posted :wink:

15. Indivism

Indivism Newbie

@Fred Bloggs Hi Fred! Just tried the clean default plist file with the latest 1.0.4 KLU, but it is still crashing at load with the OutOfBounds exception error that I and others have been experiencing :(

16. Fred Bloggs

Mmmmm… this is very frustrating ! As I'm unable to reproduce the problem, it's nigh impossible to debug it :(
    Have yo tried previous versions with any success ? Are you on Intel or Apple Silicon ? If Apple Silicon, have you tried running it in Rosetta rather than natively ? Do you kow how to check your logs in the console to see if we can glean a little more information about what is causing the crashes ?
    Any further information on the nature and conditions of the crashing would certainly be helpful to me. Unfortunalely, the OutOfBounds error covers a vast area, but usually refers to something inaccessible, either physically (like a missing or corrupted file), or some loop in the software that is trying to loop over more files than are available (when it's reading the Service Center files, for example).
    Anyhow, I would be grateful for any information that could help me get to the bottom of this ! Thanks everyone :wink:

17. bilbowall

bilbowall Newbie

Hi
    I have used KLU and added Dark Intervals Artefact - Ambient Cinematic Toolkit
    the library shows up in library pane in kontakt 7, but not correct in content browser..?
    i have changed the nicnt file to <Company>Dark Intervals</Company>
    it stood kontakt before..
    any suggestions? Skärmavbild 2023-02-07 kl. 07.53.38.png Skärmavbild 2023-02-07 kl. 07.54.36.png

18. clone

clone Audiosexual

An OS version check might be in order, reading stack exchange and is it possible we are all having issue on High Sierra? I have home-brew/xcode 9, and I also tried the share data w/apple and 3rd party vendors. still crashing. If it is just 10.13 xcode 9.... sometimes that just is what it is.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...tree-files-format-version-number-0-is-not-sup

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  19. Fred Bloggs

You're not in the right forum for questions about Kontakt 7. You used KLU to install the library and it is installed ! KLU has done it's job ! The. rest is down to Kontakt.

20. Fred Bloggs

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to install a High Sierra to test. I tested under Mavericks, Mojave, Catalina, Monterey and Ventura but not High Sierra ! I'll report back…