KLU (Kontakt Library Utility)

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Fred Bloggs, Dec 19, 2022.

1. apostolica

apostolica Member

Used your program for all. Yes, got it from the sister site.

2. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

@Fred Bloggs GREATLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HARD & USEFUL WORK FOR THE COMMUNITY!!! Do you believe we'll eventually be able to add the smaller secondary browser wallpapers to non player libraries? Cheers!!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  3. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs Platinum Record

Maybe… :):dunno:

4. Fred Bloggs

OK. So it might be an M1 thing as I downloaded it from the sister site created everything with KLU and installed it without issue !
    I'm also on Ventura but on Intel i9.

5. Scarlett

Scarlett Member

Thanks so much for the explanation and this utility (which, unless I use it, I cannot use libraries that need Kontakt Player at least to be used,
    in other words, that need a license/serial registered in Native Access).
    In other words, using any Kontakt 7 version from the sister site don't automatically allow me to load any library, again, I need this KLU utility to do so.

And yeah, I think it might be an M1 thing, indeed.

Alicia's the only library that gives me trouble (make it: impossible to use),
    it either gives me the DEMO thing, with no sound, or this message:

This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless
    the respective library is registered properly!

Good thing I found an unloked (yes, not unlocked, lol) version that works just fine (although not my favorite piano).

Nevertheless, as I said before, this utility is outmost helpful.

Thank you Fred so much.

6. steeth2

steeth2 Newbie

Sorry if this is not allowed, but if possible I would humbly like to suggest a user request for your amazing app, if it's even possible of course :) For some reason since I upgraded from Kontakt 6 to Kontakt 7, all my installed libraries are completely out of order compared to how I had them organised inside Kontakt 6. And in all previous versions of Kontakt, I've been able to sort and re-arrange my installed libraries by simply moving them in the list, and Kontakt would remember that position and how i sorted everything each time it opens. But since installing Kontakt 7 (all versions have behaved the same for me), all my sorted libraries are completely out of order, and they change whenever I install a new library. If I manually re-order them inside Kontakt to my liking, the next time I open Kontakt, they are all completely out of order again.

So I have no idea what's going on nor how to prevent this from happening, or if there's any other way of organising the installed Kontakt libraries. So a humble user request for your amazing app would be some sort of "Kontakt library manager", where I could see all my installed libraries and order, sort and re-arrange them to my liking, and when I open Kontakt, they would be in that order :)

Or if someone knows why Kontakt 7 messes up the order for me and if there's another way of sorting the Kontakt list somehow, I would deeply appreciate it :)

7. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

The library order has been always an unresolved issue... Blame NI for that.
    I ended up using the "sort alphabetical" button since K 6 and end of the story.It works perfect.

8. steeth2

steeth2 Newbie

Thanks for your reply. The weird part is that I've never had any issues with the library order before updating to Kontakt 7. I've had Kontakt since version 3 and the sorting has always worked for me. So that's why I thought it might be something with version 7..

9. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

^ FYI:

Libraries order is stored in User preferences folder > com.native-instruments."name of the library".plist
    If you have (i.e) 100 libraries, there's 100 plist :deep_facepalm:

Thats the main problem I guess: whenever you move a library in Libs tab, all plists gets rewritten with a different number position.
    Here an example of the plist content:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
        <key>UserListIndex</key>
        <integer>4</integer>
        <key>UserRemoved</key>
        <integer>0</integer>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Where, the number between the <integer></integer> code is the position of the library in the list view.
    Soon or later, easily, some plist gets bad written reordering the libs:facepalm:...

10. steeth2

steeth2 Newbie

Ah, I understand :) Thanks a lot for explaining this. That would really explain why it would become a mess quite fast :) It's just so weird that I've never had any issues for 10 years, and just after updating to Kontakt 7 everything is screwed up..

11. Fred Bloggs

Unless you know something that I don't, this has not been the case since Kontakt 5 ! KLU, when I first began the project, had a library sorter incorporated ! It worked great under Kontakt 5, and then Kontact 6 broke it. No one has been able to give me information on how it works in K6. I'm not sure thay you can do anything BUT an alphabetical sort in K7. If you can, I haven't found it. Anyhow, the user preferences thing hasn't worked for a good while now !

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  12. Fred Bloggs

You are most welcome. If it can help someone, I'm happy enough :yes:. As you know, I don't do it for the money :rofl:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Noisemaker

@Fred Bloggs - Haha. Thanks for that. Next time I need to install a library I'll give KLU a try again and see if I can manage to add it. Like I said, it wasn't working for me. No error, just didn't add the library even though it said it did. I'll report back on the next attempt.

@steeth2 - Last year I had a really annoying situation like yours where suddenly all my libraries were out of order and no matter whether I reset them in the standalone or the plugin or reinstalled Kontakt, nothing fixed it. It was really annoying. Almost every time I opened Kontakt (this was version 6) the libraries would be in a new order. In the end, it seemed to me the erratic behaviour was some kind of corruption because I had never had this problem before. It didn't happen with an upgrade from 5 to 6 either. I can't remember when or why I started seeing the behaviour. Anyway - after trying MANY many things, the only thing that fixed it was a complete reinstall of my system (mac btw). I didn't do it just for that reason, there was another reason. But I reinstalled my comp from scratch, not with Timemachine or anything. I haven't had that issue since. So it seems to me that it was indeed some kind of corruption in some file somewhere.

14. M McB

M McB Producer

Has anyone had the problem in the new Kontakt lib window that isn't displaying all 3rd party libs? In this view -->

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 08.54.38.png

But all the libs are there in the classic side view -->
    Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 08.55.14.png

I've deleted the komplete.db3 file but when reopening it only seems to index for some time displays an error and won't add any more.

Thanks!

15. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

16. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

You can't have both ways as of right now unfortunately when using KLU to install 3rd party libs. If the library is installed already & shows in the main browser, you'll get a message warning "duplicate library" when using cog wheel to add library to 2nd browser...

- I've been manually messing with ninct, xml files & the PAResources folder to see if I can get them to show up but no luck yet... I have been able to manually embed png files into the ninct & KLU recognizes embedded main library & secondary library png files, but unfortunately they are not visible after installing... Not giving up hope yet though.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
  17. M McB

M McB Producer

Yes that's what happens! Ahh ok thanks for the clarification:wink:

18. Fred Bloggs

Yup ! I'm about at the same point at the moment. There's something I'm missing still… :dunno:

19. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

May God bless you Fred, this is simply amazing! Gone are the days that I had to repurpose and vandalise the Factory Selection library as a custom ninct-less library hub XD À la victoire!

20. BlackSmith

BlackSmith Newbie

I have installed version 1.0.4 of the application and I am still getting the OutOfBounds Exception error. I have tried relaunching the app and also going to the Library/Preferences location, deleting the preference and starting the app up again but I have had no success.

The preference file looks like this if its any help

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>tooltipsState</key>
    <string>False</string>
    <key>initialLibListScan</key>
    <string>0</string>
    <key>creationDate</key>
    <string>14 janv. 2023 à 19:45:24</string>
    <key>exclusionList</key>
    <array>
    <string>Absynth*</string>
    <string>Battery*</string>