KLU (Kontakt Library Utility)

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Fred Bloggs, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs Platinum Record

OK. This is NOTHING to do with KLU! These are NI installers that install in NI's usual default location Macintosh HD/Users/Shared/. "Acoustic" works fine for me and "Prepared" is corrupt - a problem with the krak maybe, or just missed files. If you read the thread you downloaded it from, other users have noted the same problem with Prepared. Try re-installing Acoustic but you do NOT need KLU for this !!

I see our posts crossed each other :yes:

2. Fred Bloggs

Oddly, "Prepared" actually works !! Just ignore the missing files and try it !

3. Jaydee

Jaydee Noisemaker

Great. I just redownloaded it so will give it a try. Did you replace the .nkr file with the one provided? Did it need KLU to be seen by Kontakt or did it just show up after installation?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
  4. Fred Bloggs

Yes and No ! You do NOT need KLU for NI installers !

5. Jaydee

Jaydee Noisemaker

So re downloaded both Prepared and Acoustic. For Prepared I got rid of the missing files message by putting an underscore in front of shared.nkx file. That sorted it!
    Re-installed Acoustic but can't get Kontakt 7 to see it for some reason. Any ideas what's going on?

6. Fred Bloggs

No ! Not really. Did you remove all traces of Acoustic before reinstalling it ? Did you try looking in Kontakt 6 to see if it shows ? It works for me and others apparently, but this is not really the thread to talk about it as it is NOT KLU related.

7. Jaydee

Jaydee Noisemaker

8. Jaydee

Jaydee Noisemaker

Apologies for hijacking focus from KLU which is truly magnificent.
    Not sure if I did remove everything before reinstalling. I think that’s the last option to try.

9. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

10. Jaydee

Jaydee Noisemaker

I finally sorted it. I had another library, a non official Kontakt library, which had the SNPID number. So simple in the end.

11. segglyuk

segglyuk Kapellmeister

Hello Kontakt users!
    I would like to ask about the arrangement of contact wallpaper.. (if I'm in the wrong place, let me know and I'll open another thread)
    So, I changed computers and took my 1000+ Kontakt libraries on hdds with me. Yes, I'm addicted..
    It recognized and saw all the directories in seconds.. but now I'm faced with the fact that the wallpapers appear in an unordered mix in a row one after the other.. or in A-Z order. Over the years, I have created a sequence of the appearance of the wallpapers. They were categorized one after the other, Choirs, Drums and so on.. It is important that they all appear, I don't want to place them in subfolders. My question is, is there any trick I can use to avoid this manual work process. Moving the top wallpaper to the bottom takes more than 1 minute, so you can see that it takes me quite a bit of time to organize it. I hope someone knows a solution to this... Thanks. Regards

12. Ron77

Ron77 Newbie

Hi,

I didn't find the solution, but is there a way to fix the KLU start-up problem

An exception of class OutOfBoundsException was not handled. The application must shut down.

I'm on a M2 macbook pro.

Thanks!

13. Ron77

Ron77 Newbie

Nevermind, older version, the new one works just fine!

14. Kris Sellers

Kris Sellers Newbie

@Fred Bloggs thank you for the excellent app. It works quite well on most libraries. I successfully added a bunch (including those new spitfire ones just posted), but have had issues on a few newer libraries. ALT PIANO, TOSKA and Slate & Ash - Spectres all wouldn't add for me via KLU nicnt utility.

15. iphobbes

iphobbes Ultrasonic

Hi Fred , Is version 2.1.0 coming , seems that it was either released or coming soon ?

16. Fred Bloggs

It's delayed as I have discovered a major caveat in the batch addition of libraries. The same problem exists in Kitty scripts. I'm not sure finally if I'll leave the feature in at all or not !
    For those wondering, during my extensive trials, I dropped my 10TO disk full of libraries on remove and all my libraries were removed, no problem. On batch re-installing; many libraries were coming up unauthorised ! I'm still recovering ! It turns out that those libraries were older ones installed with Kontakt 5. Ouch! I tested with Kitty scripts and they have the same problem. You have been warned !
    The problem doesn't affect more recent libraries. I'm still investigating although the new version was theoretically ready to release.

17. Jawollo

Jawollo Newbie

Hello Fred and thanx for this great little tool. I used it yesterday and was able to create a SNPID for an old library which never had one :)
    Before your tool I was doing this by hand with TextEdit hahaha:) But creating new SNPID for never existing ones and seeing it work is very sweet! THANKS!!!

Only problem is: it continues to say DEMO mode. Does anybody have an idea how to circumvent this? Its EastWest Percussive Adventures which I actually bought (a newer version) and the old one has totally different sounds, so I want to use it. Forget talking to EastWest...They dont even allow multiple installations...:-(

So somewhere there must be a file sitting deep in the bowels of my cheesegrater, where this library is DEMO. Does anybody know where?

Great forum!! I will be moving to M2 soon and reading other posts about their upgrade raises my hopes.

18. MBC_Music

MBC_Music Producer

Hi there. Thank you for making this utility and sharing it with us.

I have been using KiTTY kontakt scripts for a while and it suddenly stopped adding libraries for me so I'm looking to see if your utility works.

I'm using Kontakt 6.7.0 (Trazor version) on an intel Hack Mac. Is there a specific version of your utility for older Kontakt versions like mine? Or do I just use the lastest release from you?

Thanks a lot for your time and looking forward to hearing back.

19. Fred Bloggs

The latest version is fine :like:. Kontakt 6 remains very handy if you need to locate missing library files. The option disappeared in K7 :sad:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. MBC_Music

MBC_Music Producer

Thank you for the info! I'll try out your tool tonight and let you know how everything goes.

What you mentioned is the main reason I haven't made the switch to K7. Seems like NI always removes something important from the new versions :dunno: