KLU (Kontakt Library Utility)

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Fred Bloggs, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Juanse

Juanse Newbie

Hi ! New to mac here. Running a m1 pro macbook, ventura OS. Computer's new, so no previous installations.
    I've just installed Kontakt 7.1.8 Moria. Looking on how to add the libraries I have on an external drive, found this post (thank you Fred!). Unlickily I get the OutOfBoundsException when opening KLU and the application shuts down. Same happens with previous versions of KLU. Any idea on a work around?
    Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  2. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs Platinum Record

I'm afraid it's hard to say without debugging on your computer. Apart from installing the default plist file in post 1 (which shouldn't actually be necessary), I can't really think of anything that hasn't already been addressed here. You could always try the Moira scripts for a start and come back to KLU after, to see if that works for you…

3. Juanse

Juanse Newbie

Thanks Fred. Yes, I tried installing the default plist file also
    Could you please point me out to where to find/how to use the Moira scripts? Again, thanks a lot.

EDIT: found "kitty scripts". worked !

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  4. Fred Bloggs

Glad it worked out for you :wink:

5. Trinity

Trinity Member

Hi.
    Is there a Windows version?

T.

6. Fred Bloggs

No? Sorry.

7. haraldhammer

haraldhammer Newbie

Hi there, I get the message
    "An exception of class OutOfBoundsException was not handled. The application must shut down."
    on Catalina when I try and open KLU
    what's to do?
    Big thanks in Advance!!

8. Fred Bloggs

You don't give any information about you Kontakt setup, so it's a bit hard to give you any pointers. You don't say exactly when you get the message either. Is it straight away ? Does it start loading before you get the message ? Any other indications ? Have you run either NICNT Creator or SNPIDer before trying KLU ? Sooooo many factors…

9. haraldhammer

haraldhammer Newbie

thank you for the reply! I ve installed Kontakt 7.1.8 from Moria. hosting on Ableton 11.2. Now I ve succeeded to add an older library with NICNT Creator. But this isnt possible with new libraries. for example Octa, Uncharted 88, and Native_Instruments_Schema_Dark.

KLU seems to work. It asks if i want to add the new library but still not showing in Kontakt.

thanks for the help!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
  10. Fred Bloggs

OK. So Kontakt 7.1.8 with some libraries installed. You therefore have a Service Center folder. I'll do some further checks, but in the meantime, you could start by throwing away the user preference files for KLU, NICNT Creator and SNPIDer if you have them. Users/You/Library/Preferences/com.fbloggs… or com.bloggs… depending.

11. haraldhammer

haraldhammer Newbie

done.
    thanks, very much appreciated!

12. Paps4

Paps4 Noisemaker

Thank you for this app. I'm trying to install Steven Slate Drums 3.5 Platinum. No success yet. I've gotten farther with this tool than with the SNPID and NICNT separate utilities. Using 7.3.0 Kontakt (Moria) on a mac. The library shows up, but shows this error on loading multis:
    "This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless the respective library is registered properly".

I have found the data from NativeAccess.xml and replaced them on the NICNT file created from the KLU. Still no luck. Any chance you can help me solve this - I need to open an old Logic session that used these specific drums. (I have a programming background so you can geek speak freely!)

13. 32080keys

32080keys Newbie

Hello. I have Kontact 7.1.5 MORIA on Monterey 12.6.5 on a 2011 MBP I& 16G 1TB installed withe OpenCore Legacy Patcher.

I am getting the "An exception of class OutOfBoundsException was not handled." when I tried to run KLU 1.21. I removed 1.21 and tried to locate the plist files which was not in the preferences folder. I reinstalled 1.21 with he same results. I manually installed the plist from your page but same error. I removed everything and installed 1.23. Same problem after manually installing plist.

Tried this with a brand new install of Kontact on a new install of OSX without any libraries installed. After this I installed the factory kontact libraries and ran KLU which provided me with the same OOB error. Any thought?

I would also be happy to try a beta on this configuration.

14. 32080keys

32080keys Newbie

FWIW Tried on another MBP on Monterey without Kontact installed and get the same error.

15. Fred Bloggs

Does KLU start at all or do you not even see the first screen ?

16. Fred Bloggs

It seems to me the library is not fully unlocked, but that's not my domain ! I don't know this library. If I can find it somewhere, I'll try and install it myself and see what happens. No guarantees mind…
    Later… !
    I found active links for this on the sister site. I take back what I said about it not being fully unlocked. It is, and it works just fine. The problem is that you tried to install it with KLU, but the library is too old for that (2015). You must install it with Kontakt 5.6.1 or EARLIER ! The library has no NICNT file, and that is normal. DO NOT use KLU or Kitty scripts or similar which are for more recent libraries.
    Solved :rofl::like::wink:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  17. 32080keys

32080keys Newbie

Appreciate the reply. This is as far as KLU gets on both test systems.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023

Attached Files:

18. Fred Bloggs

This is not the first report of startup crashes :( I have until now been unable to reproduce it on ANY system I've tested with my limited means. I shall continue looking into it but I really need to reproduce it in order to fix it !

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
  19. Fred Bloggs

I've been trying to find reasons for folks having startup crashes that I'm unable to reproduce myself - no easy task !
    In my quest, I have finally removed support for importing old "com.bloggs.snpider.plist" to KLU as the feature is not really useful all told, and is one less possible source of bugs for people ! It has always worked fine for me but I'm sure everyone can live very well without them ;)
    The new version (1.2.4) is in the first post as usual. Those of you having no problems with KLU will gain nothing from this update. Those with startup crashes might !

20. 32080keys

32080keys Newbie

I imagine problems like this are particularly vexing. If you are interested and it would be helpful, I would be happy to provide a remote connection to either system and install what ever troubleshooting tools you require.