Klanghelm VUMT 2 and VUMT deluxe have been released today!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by equix, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

I don't wanna keep going off-topic, but T-Racks Metering is clean and compact and shows only what is needed. A bit crude but does the work

2. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Don't remember what is included in their metering...if there's RMS and peaks, it is almost useless, some developers do not include RMS anymore, because there is LUFS which is much more precise and accurate, and closer to perceived loudness than old primitive RMS. They even say RMS is dying like CDs. LUFS simply replaces RMS

3. Long live LUFS...Gesundheit!

4. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

I guess this part misses some words > "So you can just not to use eqs or filtering"
    About the expanded options, I'm still not interested at this moment. Don't need more metering scales, frequency weighting and a contrasting meter GUI. DMGAudio released a free plug-in called 'track control' and I like it so far. So that makes channel tools, additional signal processing tools/track utilities or a mono maker also unnecessary.

5. mild pump milk

Klanghelm updated VUMT & VUMT deluxe to version 2.1.1.
    These maintenance updates include the following:

VUMT & VUMT deluxe:
    - FIX: issue in Wavelab, where the preset name only got updated when clicking in the preset field again after loading a preset from disk
    - FIX: the hold-needle is now being reset when switching the DISPLAY mode (M, LR, MS)
    - FIX: code signing of the Mac Standalone App
    - when saving a default state, it gets updated immediately, so you don't have to reload your session or load a new instance before the new default becomes active.

VUMT deluxe only:
    - FIX: the WEIGHTING parameter is being recalled properly now in the user default state
    - FIX: IN-PLACE button state is initialized correctly now
    - NEW: the side(difference) signal can now be monitored centered/mono when IN-PLACE is not active

As always, the updates can be found in the Klanghelm user area.

A huge thanks to Roland Löhlbach (Compyfox), who has provided some additional metering presets with in-depth documentation for VUMT & VUMT deluxe. These presets can be downloaded from here

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

"- VUMT has been rewritten from the ground up"

Is this supposed to make us happy? Claims like this always make me laugh because it has multiple meanings. It could mean "the last code was so shitty I had to rewrite it completely". That's not really reassuring, eh? :) Or it could mean "I decided that the last code was not full of enough bloat, so now I will make it a 10MB plugin instead of 2 just because I can and I don't care what people think". :rofl:

Really, that line is utterly unnecessary and we don't need to know that. :wink: Keep the info to yourself, Klang! :winker:

This is not aimed at Klanghelm in particular. I think he makes excellent plugins, some with a stupid 3D perspective GUI, so that could be a bit better [IMHO!], but GUI is not the most important thing in the world, and he prices them very reasonably. :wink:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

The old version would crash the DAW occasionally when instantiating it. Wish it was VST3. V's are all the way at the end of the list! Other than that, it works pretty good.

8. Greggers

Greggers Kapellmeister

I remember talking to the guy, he said he found new ways of doing what he's doing. Perhaps, first VUMT could not be updated further with these new features and he had to start from scratch with the knowledge he gained. So it happens sometimes it's easier to start over than to keep going.

So probably no need for sarcasm and nastiness. One could at least appreciate the openness and transparency of the development process.

Talking developers, Steve Slate wouldn't, even couldn't tell you a thing if you'd ask. He would keep hypnotizing you with his odd gaze he practices in Slate advertisements and speak with you with his low robotic voice.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Slate is a creep for real!!!

10. mild pump milk

Try new free products such as:
    Youlean loudness meter (kvraudio 2016 winner)
    Tbproaudio mvmeter 1.0.2 or newer
    Tbproaudio dpmeter ll 1.2.5 or newer

These 3 free metering plugins have a lot.
    Also weeks ago SIR Audio released SpectrumAnalyzer free and full paid versions.