Klanghelm Releases SDRR

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Catalyst, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Klanghelm has released SDRR, a new flexible saturation plug-in for 32- and 64-bit Mac OS X and Windows in VST2/3, AU and RTAS formats.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SDRR is the big brother of the free IVGI. It offers four different main modes: TUBE, DIGI, FUZZ and DESK. Each mode offers a comprehensive set of controls to tweak the dynamic and harmonic behaviour and the frequency response of the saturation.

SDRR was build to satisfy almost all of your saturation desires. It provides a comprehensive set of controls to manipulate the character of the saturation to make it fit exactly. SDRR offers four different main modes: TUBE, DIGI, FUZZ, DESK and reacts dynamically to the input signal. Each mode has it's unique crosstalk behaviour, which can be switched of or exagerrated. A unique RMS level difference metering mode makes level matching an easy task.

SDRR can be different things: a saturation, a compressor, an EQ, a bitcrusher, a subtle stereo widener, or simply add some movement to your tracks with the DRIFT control. Add warmth, depth and character to your tracks with SDRR.

Don't forget to check out the free IVGI, which can be seen as the little brother of SDRR. It is based on the DESK mode in SDRR. Since IVGI is comparable to SDRR qualitywise, CPU-consumption wise and regarding aliasing (or better the absence of aliasing artifacts), it's a good way to also get an impression of how SDRR would perform on your system.

SDRR is available in the following formats (all included in one single license): Windows: VST (32&64Bit), VST3 (32&64Bit), RTAS Mac OSX: AU (32&64Bit), VST (32&64Bit), VST3 (32&64Bit), RTAS

Price:
    SDRR is currently available for the introductory price of 22€.

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yeah me too, I've been waiting for this for a while. Klanghelm...saturation. That's all I need to know. It's also dirt cheap so if it's good people should buy this, it's a real bargain. *yes*

4. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

Klanghelm sure know how to make a plugin look sexy as phuq. I hope the saturation performs as well as the plugin looks. :thumbsup:

5. Nawhak

Nawhak Ultrasonic

http://klanghelm.com/SDRR.html

Unless I have become blind, no downloadable demo plug, just audios...
    That's too bad! The best to figure how a plug may fit our needs or not surely is to actually try it.

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yeah I made a post about it when it was offered as a preview for this badboy. It basically offers the DESK algorithm from this unit.

7. demian777

demian777 Newbie

hmmm, this is very interesting, and it looks very nice...

8. johnyrebb

johnyrebb Ultrasonic

Well, since I allready own and like his compressor DC8C and his freebies, I took a "chance" and went ahead and purchased it. 22EUR is most likely a bargain for this plug!