Klanghelm Releases Free Saturation Plug-in

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Catalyst, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I've been meaning to post this since the end of last month but I got a little caught up with my many other endeavors:

[​IMG]
    IVGI - saturation & distortion (this is the version that is free)

[​IMG]
    This image is from the SDRR plug-in that is coming soon in case you're interested in what it will look like.

Here's what Klanghelm had to say about their new offering:

Overview
    IVGI can deliver very soft and subtle saturation, that feels at home on the master buss. It is equally capable of very dense and dirty distortion effects to spice up single tracks.

IVGI's base sound is comparable to the DESK mode in the upcoming big brother SDRR. Just as SDRR, IVGI reacts dynamically to the input signal. Even the modeled fluctuations react dynamically and also change depending on the drive setting, so that it doesn't get in the way of the SOUND. Stereo tracks benefit from it's modeled crosstalk behavior. Just as its big brother SDRR, IVGI features a “Controlled
    Randomness”, which determines the internal drift and variance inside the unit. It contributes to the liveliness and realness of IVGI's saturation character. All internal processes are modulated to some extent to make this possible.

IVGI gives you a sensible amount of controls to manipulate the character of the saturation itself. It offers a unique ASYM MIX knob to alter the symmetry of the signal without affecting the harmonic content much. Usually, asymmetry leads to an increase of even order harmonics. But in IVGI's case, dialing in the asymmetry makes the negative part of the signal “cleaner”. This way you can preserve the dynamic structure of the source better and get a more transparent result. Actually, you can think of ASYM MIX as a transparency control.

IVGI also lets you alter the frequency dependency of the saturation with the RESPONSE control.

IVGI is internally calibrated to 0VU = -18dBFS.

IVGI is free! So try it out for yourself.

More information: http://www.klanghelm.com/IVGI.html

Available free of charge for both Mac and PC platforms.

3. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

SDRR have Marshall knobs :)

4. virusg

virusg Rock Star

hope will beat u-he one :rofl: :bleh:

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

u-he doesn't make one.

6. n12n0

n12n0 Kapellmeister

Nice call mister..thank you + will try.. but i am def. curios about the SDRR.

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Not a problem my friend. I'm curious as well especially since Klanghelm's other offerings are really nice particularly their DC8C compressor. You can also snag the free DC1C compressor while you're on their site.

8. hfeuhfz7342hf724

hfeuhfz7342hf724 Noisemaker

They do, "Satin", tape saturation, to be released soon.

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yeah I've heard, I meant at the moment. I also didn't realize it's being released so soon. I can't wait to see what's in store, u-he is always coming out with quality software.