Klanghelm Plguins Crash on FL Studio 12

Discussion in 'Software' started by brimflashx, Oct 11, 2016.

1. brimflashx

brimflashx Guest

Hi, I have a problem with Klanghelm's DC8C and SDRR in FL Studio 12.3, when I open an instance of any of these on a channel of the mixer, and then I close the plugin (pressing the little 'x' of the wrapper) and then I reopen it, FL crashes. Also after a while using the DC8C FL freezes and crashes.

This problem doesn't seem to happen with the MJUC also from Klanghelm, but it's a newer release from this year whereas the two before are from 2014. I don't know if it's a graphics problem as it seems that it's the GUI reopening what causes the problem, I don't really know, I would really appreciate some help as these two plugins are really good and it would be a disappointment if I can't make them work.

Best regards!

3. Cudo

Cudo Kapellmeister

If the plugins are legit, contact Tony at Klanghelm. If not, buy them, 20 and 22 euros. He's a cool guy and I'm sure he will address your problem. Small dev well worth supporting.

4. brimflashx

brimflashx Guest

I would buy them if they worked, I was really happy with these but if they don't work...

5. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

@danivicen
    I own all (legit) Klanghelm products and use them in FL Studio 12.3 and Bitwig 1.3.13 (win7 x64). No problem at all. :)
    If you are still in doubt download the demos (if available) and try it. :dj:

6. brimflashx

brimflashx Guest

Well I just tried on Live and there's no problem on it so it might be a problem with FL Studio? I have FL 12.3 win7 x64 as thantrax, and other plugins don't give any problems.

7. brimflashx

brimflashx Guest

Also I've just found this comment from a user on Image Line's forum who had the same problem as me but he had no solution on the post:

'I reported this issue to you regarding Sonimus Satson ~ 2 years ago, but you could never reproduce then either. I've since confirmed this exact issue with these plugins:

Sonimus Satson
    Sleepy-Time LISP
    Sleepy-Time Transient
    jsAudio Compshaper
    Cerberus Audio Ice9
    TSE R47 v1
    TSE BOD v1
    LVC Audio Clipshifter 2.1.0 32-bit (demo)
    All Klanghelm plugins (developer provided me with beta versions of all his plugins)

All these plugins are coded using a framework called IPlug (see this thread for confirmation of that), made by the Reaper guys.

This is a FL only problem; I can't crash them in Cubase. not saying FL is the cause, but it only happens in FL. It must be how the wrapper interacts with this framework in a specific situation. It's windows related (surely we can rule hardware out), so the windows permissions was a good hunch...'

Any suggestions?