Klanghelm DC8C & DC1A Update

Discussion in 'Software News' started by coolbeanz, Dec 17, 2013.

1. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

[​IMG]

DC1A is the little brother of the compression monster DC8C. I've taken a few of my favourite settings from DC8C and tried to make it work in a two control context. Sound wise it's comparable to the PUNCH mode in DC8C but offers a few additional features, such as negative ratio and stereo unlink. I've always wanted to do a compressor with just an input and output knob, a compressor that just works: gentle, faithful, from almost invisible, smooth levelling to heavy pumping with a nice crunchy saturation and punchy enough to treat drums with.
    DC1A looks like a one trick pony. But don't get fooled by the lack of additional controls. You may be surprised on how many different material this little thing works. DC1A is heavily program dependent, so is the saturation.

Note: Since DC1A 2 has a new plugin ID and filename, you can use the original DC1A and the new one at the same time.

DC1A is free! So try it out for yourself.

DOWNLOAD HERE (WIN/MAC): DC1A Compressor (FREE)

[​IMG]

DC8C is one of the most flexible compressors around.
    While making a lot of different compression styles possible, it's general nature may be described as: clear, smooth, open, distinct.
    The main goal while designing DC8C was to get a very clean compressor action without unwanted and often almost unevitable artefacts/distortion. This way you can achieve almost invisible compression for your most demanding mastering sessions, when you want to avoid coloration.
    If you aim for colour you can choose between two saturation models.
    From opto style, peak compression, external sidechaining, RMS compression, Feedback, Feedforward compression (and everything inbetween) to negative ratios, zero latency brickwall limiting, from snappy transient treatment to smooth transient rounding - everything is possible.

DC8C is available in the following formats (all included in one single license):
    Windows: VST (32&64Bit), VST3 (32&64Bit), RTAS
    Mac OSX: AU (32&64Bit), VST (32&64Bit), VST3 (32&64Bit)

ATTENTION: DC8C doesn't show up in the OSX version of NI's Maschine yet.

MORE INFO: DC8C

3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

All Klanghelm plugins are freaking awesome. I cannot mix without them any more. Well, without DC8C, IVGI and SDRR that is. Great, great stuff, if you're into retro production especially [late 80s, early 90s mostly]. :wink:

However, if you have DC8C and DC8C2, you really don't need the free compressors since they use the same amount of CPU and are essentially the same plugins but with a limited GUI. That guy is not just a great developer but a great guy to give out these great compressors and a remarkable console emulation channel for free. I was going to buy an Allen&Heath submixer, but now I'm not really sure if I need one, really. :wink: