Kirk Hunter Studios Lyric Series String Quintet - My Review!

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by phloopy, Jan 23, 2021.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I´ve had the chance to test this library a few days ago.

Years ago I actually purchased Kirk Hunter Diamond...... on a very cheap sale... lucky me.

KH Diamond is loads of GBs of samples* and a huge amount nonsens scripts and gui´s ..... bugs, bugs, bugs all over. I was so happy I got it cheap and actually deleted the whole thing two years or so later.

*Basically the Diamond library is very badly recorded!!

Kirk Hunter Studios Lyric Series String Quintet:

Samples:

Still the same samples recorded nearly 30 years ago - now with yet another twist in some editor - but still the same samples.

Script/GUI:
    Script and GUI has indeed improved a lot since Diamond..... Many useful features in the script and the GUI is easy to deal with finding what you need etc.

So, will I actually spend $180 on this library?

Nope, it´s old wine in new bottles with a twist and utterly worthless imho.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

I never liked sound of strings from Kirk Hunter... sounds to "synthy" for me.... not really realistic.... :dunno: