Kirk Hunter Studios is closing its doors!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by phloopy, Oct 5, 2024 at 6:26 AM.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

[​IMG]
    After 25 years of crafting world-class instruments, Kirk Hunter Studios is closing its doors. To honor this incredible journey, we're launching the Kirk Hunter Farewell Sale—a once-in-a-lifetime event!

For the next two weeks, we’ll be unlocking a different product at a deep discount every day. This is your final chance to own the award-winning Kirk Hunter collection at unbeatable prices.

We deeply appreciate your loyalty over the years, and we invite you to join us in celebrating this legacy one last time.

Don’t miss out on this historic opportunity to complete your Kirk Hunter collection before these legendary instruments are gone forever.

Thank you for being part of our journey.

Link: https://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/?ct=t(Farewell_Sale_2)&mc_cid=5c36d75403&mc_eid=1436e45b51

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Smeghead

Smeghead Platinum Record

Everything turns to shit eventually. The universe is ruled by entropy and none of you will escape it.

4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I think most people can live quite happily without Kirk Hunter Studios :bleh::yes::rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Smeghead

Smeghead Platinum Record

I try to stay away from sweeping generalizations but as far as I could tell all his stuff was basically shit. I'm sure it must have been something at some time :dunno:

6. luigo

luigo Noisemaker

I'd have a grand farewell sale too if the only consistent revenue my company can generate is legacy product being bundled in the purchase of a decade old 70 GB library...:guru:

7. shinyzen

shinyzen Rock Star

Ive never understood the "We're going out of business, so come buy our stuff" sales. Especially for software. Ok... You want me to give you money with zero chance of support or updates over the coming years??? yah, no. peace

8. luigo

luigo Noisemaker

farewell sales aren't for the consumer. they are for the company so they can struggle to generate one last hit of revenue after giving up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ

ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ Platinum Record

They sell libraries, software,
    all they need is to maintain a Website and a couple servers with some hard drives, if it's not in the cloud..

With such collection of products the business would maintain itself,
    that's ofc, if the libraries themselves weren't a complete catastrophe, and they are..