Kirchhoff EQ - problems in FL Studio

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by DesotoCountyDoe, Jan 4, 2023.

Tags:
  1. DesotoCountyDoe

DesotoCountyDoe Member

sup folks,

recently re-installed Kirchhoff EQ by Mocha from the sister site after I uninstalled it in the past.
    I am currently running FL Studio 20.7.2 on 64-bit windows with plenty of horsepower, yet the plugin only operates smoothly when it's bridged. Tried the vst2, vst3, different releases, but the problem remains.
    Plugin is very sluggish and unresponsive when used normally, to the point where I have to close the DAW via task manager. I doubt it's FL itself, and I wouldn't want to update to 20.9 for one plugin only.
    (waiting for 21 :))

Anyone have the same problem or a fix? Google doesn't bring up anything.
    Maybe someone runs it smoothly on 20.9?
    Of course I could just keep running it bridged, but I'd prefer not to.
    :like:

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

I run it smoothly on FL Studio 21

4. loveriuz

loveriuz Producer

Can conform that as well.
    Btw, maybe you should try the v1.60 by R2R instead?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. DesotoCountyDoe

DesotoCountyDoe Member

There is a R2R-release? Only releases I am aware of (for windows) are by Mocha and TeamFuck, atleast on the sister site. Haven’t checked others for Kirchhoff.

Huh… well, maybe it is my FL 20.07… not up-to-date on the changelogs, but I might update later on and see if that fixes the problem.

6. kargozarmj

kargozarmj Ultrasonic

yes it is part of their PA Bundle release .

7. DesotoCountyDoe

DesotoCountyDoe Member

Ahhh… the 16gb one? Yeah, I passed on that because I‘m usually set with all types of plugins, but I‘ll give the 1.60 a go before I update the whole DAW then.
    Hope I‘ll be able to only install Kirchhoff from it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. kargozarmj

kargozarmj Ultrasonic

it has different installer for each plugin and the bundle is 11.5 gb

9. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

I have an issue where the analyzer goes crazy when I move around a node, but acts normal when I am not moving a node around. Its the Trazor or Moria version for mac. I can get it thru PA so I might download legit version and see if this is still an issue. But I do like this eq quite a bit.

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

Maybe the problem is that your computer does not appreciate you running it at 117bit? Make sure it's not checked off, upper right corner of the plugin interface.

11. DesotoCountyDoe

DesotoCountyDoe Member

Downloading now and will report if it's a fix!

I've tried virtually everything - 117 on/off, GUI changes, but it always boils down to running it bridged. Honestly don't know what is going wrong there. Will see if 1.60 changes something, otherwise I'll try with an updated DAW.

• List
  12. clone

clone Audiosexual

I've had like 30 or more instances of it inside a Logic project, and unless I have the 117 and FFT settings enabled it runs beautifully. After you minimize it, the computer isn't redrawing all the graphics on the interface.

You say you have enough horsepower in the computer, but I mean; it's an EQ! A very good one, but still. You shouldn't be getting lag from a few instances loaded in your project. I'm not sure how FL would even be part of your problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

You could try to "Use fixed buffer sizes" in the FL-Plugin-Wrapper options, sometimes it works on problems like this

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. DesotoCountyDoe

DesotoCountyDoe Member

Not sure either, my brother :rofl:Considering that the bridging changes everything, it probably boils down to FL 20.7.2 and Kirchhoff 1.5.1 just not getting along.

I'm aware of that fix, though it didn't do anything for me here. :dunno: Going to install 1.6.0 now, to try and solve this riddle.

15. DesotoCountyDoe

DesotoCountyDoe Member

Alright, little update: a kind soul hooked me up with the Kirchhoff-Installer only. Installed, but sadly the problem is still there. Plugin is very unresponsive and sluggish until I bridge it. I am as baffled as everyone else, because it simply doesn't make sense to me. (Might do a screen recording for y'all)
    In hopes of a fix I will update my FL to the newest available, 20.09, as soon as the russian site is back up. (Sister site release was DMCA'd).

EDIT; uploaded a video showing the problem so no one thinks I‘m insane :wink:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
    • List
  16. loveriuz

loveriuz Producer

Question, did you run the same version of the EQ, and on the same DAW, with the same version of FL, when you use to have it....i mean before you chose to uninstall it, and the use it again? Or have you changed somefin in between? Maybe a a simple thing like an WIN update or anything you can think of, new drivers etc?

17. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Actually, It's even smaller than that when installed on disk.. Consider IF you install each of the 171 items separately.. By the time you take off AAX/VST3 (If only using VST) or use one and don't install the other 2..It comes down to a very reasonable 4 GB or less.

Yep you can.. each item has it's own separate installer. There are a number of very good little plugins though. I particularly love the Shadow Hills Master Compressor.

Uninstall it completely with Revo, and then run CCleaner/ Reboot before installing 1.60 otherwise whatever the problem is, you may not get rid of it entirely.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

This is really strange. But I think this plugin has some issues. For instance here the VST2 worked fine in PluginDoctor but crashed Reaper after a few seconds completely, the VST3 is running fine with both...
    But I can calm you down, I made some tests and you can't differenciate it from FF ProQ-3, or Crave, or Weiss, or ...
    Accurately coded digital EQs can't really sound different.

That's completely independent of this problem. [​IMG]

19. Sylenth.Will.Fall

To both... I'm going to give it a proper run out in Ableton 10/ Win 7 (Vst ) and will see what happens.

The more I think about it, the more I agree completely with @loveriuz. An outdated GPU driver for example can cause all sorts of problems.

UPDATE:-

I ran 3 copies on the same bus, each with 117 bit lit up.. I have only 8GB Ram with Win 7 on a pc built in 2007 and there was no sign of any sluggish behaviour. (Version 1.60)

Hmmm.. Have you tried / settings / Gui to see if you have it set to frame rate 60fps? If so, switch that off.

20. DesotoCountyDoe

DesotoCountyDoe Member

Did all of that, cleaned up the registry and what-not, basically deleted every trace of Kirchhoff possible, still - problem remains.
    That's my conclusion, yeah.

Oh no yeah, totally aware of that, and even if this did run perfectly I would have probably not abandoned Q3 for it... habit, y'know.
    This was more me being stubborn and wanting it to work. :rofl: But whatever, it's not worth the hassle for me at the moment. Never change a winning team I guess. :wink:
    :cheers:

21. Sylenth.Will.Fall

We've all been there. Anyone who says they haven't is either lying or has a terrible memory.