Kill me for my own good !

Discussion in 'Music' started by ANTIMONOS, Oct 9, 2021.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

When you have finished your album, you can write to newspapers and journals (online and offline) with a request for a review in your newspaper or journal. Please also do an interview. Just imagine who you are and what you do and put a few songs on CD. You can also collect all addresses and make a list.

2. ANTIMONOS

ANTIMONOS Producer

I already did something like this but I suppose I have to do it harder, bigger, stronger :) and contact more medias too ! The interview would be a premiere as Antimonos ! Thanks for giving me these advices, I really appreciate your efforts to help me !

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I wish you the best of luck and when you have finished a CD, get in touch here, I would like to buy a CD from you.

15 tips for professional music promotion

1. Find out who is listening to your musk. Think about how you can make this audience aware of you.

2. Write a professional artist bio for social media and the press and update the "bio" regularly.

3. Make sure you have professional artist photos. If you want to be perceived as a professional, you need correspondingly good press photos.

4. Only use high-quality cover images that appeal to your target audience. The cover picture is your product packaging on the Internet.

5. Send your releases for sampling to the press, magazines, radio stations, blogs, DJs etc. that are relevant to your music genre.

6. Play as many live performances as possible or get DJs to play your songs. Pay attention to reactions in the audience.

7. Use social media like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Just posting "buy links" is not enough. Entertain your fans, show something from your private life and be authentic.

8. Find direct contact with your fans. Think about how they can promote you and show you appreciation when they do it.

9. Have a high-quality artist homepage created, on which the most important information is summarized. Less is often more here.

10. Use a professional music player on your homepage so that fans can preview your songs straight away, e.g. from Soundcloud or YouTunez Music Player.

11. Create a promotion video on YouTube. The originality is more important than the quality. And humor can't hurt.

12. Apply to a band competition or song contest. Often they offer the opportunity to reach a lot of new people.

13. Offer merchandise for your fans, e.g. via Spreadshirt. Every t-shirt you wear is an advertisement for you and some artists earn more than just selling music.

14. Find a professional management or booking agency if you are already more successful. This gives you more time to concentrate on the music.

15. Network in your music scene. Find out who is pulling the strings and ask for help. If people think your music is good, they may be able to support you.

Source: https://youtunez.com/tipps-zum-musikvertrieb/15-tipps-wie-kann-ich-meine-musik-besser-vermarkten/

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. ANTIMONOS

ANTIMONOS Producer

Thanks for the reminder ! I have to give more love to some points in this list :)

5. ANTIMONOS

ANTIMONOS Producer

Thanks a lot, that's a goldmine for me, I'll be more carefull with the different frequency areas you mentioned, but above all, I'll pay more attention to the contrast effect I can bring during the mix.

Actually I'm french and can't read/speak russian, I would love but I can't... :) I'm pretty curious about what leads you made this statement !

Yes you're right, I didn't mean Bad but Negative, I will correct that. My english isn't good enough :)

6. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

"Черно Море" :(
    After that your music sounded Ukrainian to me. I'm sorry to confuse you for somebody you aren't.
    I'm also sorry I can't recommend any comprehensive reading on psychoacoustics on other languages. But it surely must be out there.

7. ANTIMONOS

ANTIMONOS Producer

Don't be sorry man, I don't feel insulted... at all ;)
    "Черно Море" was a collab with my friend "Foeniks" on a compilation released by trip-hop.net called "Maelström". Here is the link:

Each binome of participants had to make an exclusive song with content from a specific country, and we chose Bulgaria ! We found nice to use the native language for naming the song ;)

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

9. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

More melody... But ignore me, I'm old, I don't understand any of the music people are making these days.

I hear the standard DAW techniques that everybody seems to be using, the arps, the beats... All of these things sound less 'human' to me and I always look for that in the music I listen to.

10. ANTIMONOS

ANTIMONOS Producer

Thanks I won't have much use since I prefer start mine from scratch most of the time, but thanks anyway, I'm pretty sure other people coming on this thread will be happy to dig your stuff ;)

11. ANTIMONOS

ANTIMONOS Producer

I understand you maybe more than you can think, I'm a jazz lover, among other genres, so I understand this need for "human" presence/feeling :)
    Your opinion is interesting to me, even if if you're old ;)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021