Kid Anthem New Sound Bank Coming Soon For Rob Papen Blue 2

Discussion in 'Selling / Buying' started by Kid Anthem, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Kid Anthem

Kid Anthem Guest

What do you all think of a patch bank for Blue 2 of 64 presets covering a wide range of music styles for $20? Is that too much? Let me know. I won't BS around. I ask that because I have a patch bank for Blue 2 with 64 sounds. Half of a so-called full 128 sound bank. I need to get more things on my website. I still have an 8 hour a day job. And that will increase within the week to around 10-12 hours a day lol. I don't make enough money to make sounds full time yet so I am one of those folks that are stuck in the middle hehe. At the same time, I want to get as much content on my website as possible without sacrificing quality. Quantity will increase as soon as I make the time. Not find the time but just make it work. I have 3 paid products on my site thus far. And 2 of them I actually want to remove because they are almost useless. Not useless but, not a huge market for them. I can't even really afford to promote my site. Sad I know. But it's there and I been working on ways to get people there. I will not spam people to get an email list or something. I don't believe in spamming folks.

Don't be afraid to be completely honest. It will help more than you might think.

I will say this. Every single sound utilizes the Modulation Wheel in some way. Subtle or drastically changing the sound. Most are not your basic repeated overused sound lol. There's a couple basics for simple things. But, this is how I make any sound for any piece of software that allows it.

Ok, this is getting too long. Be honest. Just as long as it is respectable. Thanks for reading this mess lol.

Here is a teaser video.

3. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

i'll give you my opinion.

if you still have a fulltime job and try to make this your fulltime job, try to put a few bucks in a facebook ads campaign, and make your last release worthy, like patchbank for blue at 2$, or your whole soundsets for, idk, maybe between 5 and 10$

or maybe even the opposite, like your whole soundsets, limited offer for 2$ and keep the next soundset at 10$ more

it might at first look like selling yourself short, but i think like any entrepreneur out there would agree that sales and how and why products take off remain a mystery.
    sometimes, good & useful ideas end up burried and some stupid app to give people's mickey mouse face face end up making billions.

the important is to remain productive and try new approach, that will give you at least stats and insight; think in term of results, not in term of is it selling or not

keep in mind you're in a niche market and maybe you will have to have strong value-added to your product line/offer to drag attention.
    why not prospect artists & propose to team up to do a few songs/tunes with soundbanks of your own tailor-made for them only, for example ?

a Facebook ad-campaign is affordable
    and have you worked with john lehmkhul ? was he inclined to give you honest stats and advices about his product sales ?

+, don't take any previous work out of your product range, also don't sell it cheaper than it previously was.

try to make some soundset for avenger, if your technical knowledge allows you. the product is new, good quality and appealling.

I will add do things because you like it, not because it sells.

good luck with your work
    :bow:

4. Kid Anthem

Kid Anthem Guest

Thanks, Bounty.

I enjoyed your honest input. I agree with what you said. Concerning Avenger... Sorry but it sucks. And I won't pay the price for it. Way over priced. Vengeance does a great sample and loop packs but synths? Not so much. Compare just the raw DSP sounds and basic filters to others synths to Sylenth 1, Omnisphere, Blue II etc. Not worth it IMO.

That's the only thing I don't agree with you about lol

5. Kid Anthem

Kid Anthem Guest

Hey! Thought I would share this with everyone. We all know Rob Papen synths have lots of presets and banks. I have been working on this off and on for almost a year. The Guru decided to earn his keep and do around 32. Below are 2 links. One to the Guru Website where you can buy the library and the second one is a live stream from Skippy the Guru. There will be a walkthrough video within a day or two. Stay tuned. And the best part or my favorite part the feeds my ego a bit is, Rob Papen Himself is supporting this library. He will be posting it on the Rob Papen website. Real nice ego boost there lol. I will share the Rob Papen link and the patch walkthrough when they are up. And also, Guru may be doing a live stream about making a patch from scratch tonight 7pm Pacific time. The Guru YouTube page link at the bottom. Check back around 7pm Pacific Time if you are interested.

https://www.pluginguru.com/products/universal-cafe-for-blue-ii/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuKxBfrjXMDZZfuP_bfSHFA