Keystation 49 MK3 or Komplete Kontrol 49 or Roland A-49 or Keylab Essential 49 or Launchkey 49 MKIII

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by scarsstiches, Dec 1, 2021.

?

Which one to get?

1. Keystation 49 MK3

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Komplete Kontrol 49

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. Roland A-49

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. Novation LaunchKey 49 MKIII

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Arturia Keylab Essential 49

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

1.) Novation - LaunchKey 49 MKIII (239 €) - 49 velocity sensitive keys & 16 RGB illuminated velocity sensitive pads
    2.) Arturia - Keylab Essential 49 (225 €) - 49 velocity sensitive keys & - 8 velocity-sensitive pads with aftertouch
    3.) Native Instruments - Komplete Kontrol 49 (179 €) - newly developed semi-weighted keyboard with 49 keys
    4.) M-Audio - Keystation 49 MK3 (87 €) - 49 keys with velocity sensitivity
    5.) Roland - A-49 (169 €) - 49 full-size keys with velocity sensitivity

2.) Arturia KeyLab Essential - The keyboard is not the best!
    There are the well-known Arturia buttons, brightly lit (albeit wobbly) rubber buttons, smooth, flat color pads, and a central central push encoder with a soft graduated action. You feel like the budget is starting to push down on the keys themselves. The mechanics aren't bad, but there's quite a bit of side play and the review sample's keys weren't consistently straight, which resulted in noticeable gaps between some keys. SOS Review // www.soundonsound.com/reviews/arturia-keylab-essential

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  2. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Kapellmeister

I have an A800 Pro, I don't like it at all. but it's just personal taste I guess

keybed is bad, too light and short

it's difficult to put any opinion tho, because the keybed is subjective. you should try the feel by yourself and see which one you prefer :)

I was buying and Arturia Keylab MK2 61, I thought it was great: then I tried it and saw that its keybed was total shit lol

I still have to try a Komplete Kontrol, but I think it may fits my need better than the others, because of its semi-weighted keys

3. scarsstiches

scarsstiches Producer

Hmm...Well i think at the point, i'm personally leaning towards the Roland. I don't think any of the options have a "really bad" keybed (it's all subjective like you said). But i think Roland has the edge in durability hence they approach this from a stage piano maker's perspective. I know for a fact that their stage pianos keybeds are considered among the best.

The S series of Komplete Kontrol though have fatar keys so it should be much much better than their A series.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021