Keyscape: STEAM folder does not have write permission

Discussion in 'Samplers' started by coni0812, Jun 12, 2019.

1. coni0812

coni0812 Newbie

I installed Keyscape 1.1.2c (Mac OSX), but keep getting an error that the STEAM folder does not have write permission when loading it as a VST in Cubase. I've changed permissions to Read & Write for the STEAM folder and all of its contents (including Keyscape) using BatChmod, but that doesn't seem to be helping.

Anyone know how to get this working? Specs:

Mac OS 10.10.5
    Cubase 8.5.30
    Keyscape 1.1.2c (Software), 1.0.2 (Soundsource), 1.3 (Patch Library)

3. hokano

hokano Newbie

Is there an equivalent to Windows run as administrator on a MAC since the latest update my copy of Omnisphere gets that message but running it in Admin mode fixes it

4. LV4-26

LV4-26 Platinum Record

5. coni0812

coni0812 Newbie

I've done the permissions reset as described in the Apple Support article, but am still getting the same set of errors:

1. The STEAM folder does not have write permission. Change permissions on STEAM folder, and all STEAM subfolders, to include Write access.
    2. STEAM folder is not writable.
    3. Cannot load Multi data because it is corrupted (either from song or from multi file ''). Try loading another Multi from the Multi browser.

The thread from kvraudio didn't seem to have a definitive answer (the STEAM folder IS located in the user folder, not the root and I tried resetting the permissions on the STEAM folder in Terminal).

6. coni0812

coni0812 Newbie

I should add that after I get this series of errors, the Keyscape GUI shows up, but I can't load any of the patches.

7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

When you run Batchmod, check all options except 'Clear xattrs' and make sure to apply to enclosed folders and files. Check R, W & X under Owner, Group and Everyone. Once we get it working you can go back and change the 'Everyone' permissions to your liking.

8. coni0812

coni0812 Newbie

I've run BatChmod as Pinkman described on both the STEAM folder (in the user library) and the Component and VST files (in the root library). Still getting the error message...

9. notsoloud

notsoloud Platinum Record

Do it manually. Choose "get info" Command I, then unlock, (it'll ask for your password) then add yourself, using the little plus symbol to the list. Give yourself read and write permissions. Lock it again and that's it.

10. coni0812

coni0812 Newbie

Hi notsoloud, thanks for the suggestion. I did try doing it manually, but I'm still getting the error messages. I'm the only user on this machine and have administrator privileges. I have both administrators and username added with read&write privileges on the STEAM folder.

11. notsoloud

notsoloud Platinum Record

Did you check to see if there was the option to "apply to all enclosed items?"

12. LV4-26

LV4-26 Platinum Record

1. When the progress bar completes, open the Terminal app, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.
    2. Paste or type diskutil resetUserPermissions / `id -u` in Terminal, then press Return.
      On U.S. keyboards, the ` character is just above the Tab key.
    3. If Terminal says that permissions reset failed, skip to the next next section.
    4. When the process completes, restart your Mac.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  13. coni0812

coni0812 Newbie

Thanks all, I've tried all of the above to no avail! I'm going to try a clean re-install and see if that works. Stay tuned!