Keyscape + Omnisphere 2 integration questions

Discussion in 'Software' started by jobinho, Oct 16, 2017.

1. jobinho

jobinho Newbie

Hi guys I'm new here and have a couple of questions about Keyscape if anyone can help me, I'd be really grateful.

I have the unopened boxes sitting next to me, but have demoed it on a crack copy and something's are stopping me from unsealing the boxes.

I'm only using Keyscape in Omnisphere, not standalone.

1) For many of the pianos It seems the notes only play while a key is held down. Is there a way to set the release so a note continues once the pressure has been lifted from the key, similar to a synth? It just seems very staccato for most piano's. I've tried doing it in Omnisphere using Keyscape as an oscillator with no luck. I appreciate this may be realistic, but piano foot pedals can do this I thought. Any info would be appreciated.

2) When I've saved a patch using Keyscape inside omnisophere as an oscillator and then gone back to the patch it seems you can no longer edit the Keyscape parameters from the Keyscape window. Only the Omnisphere parameters are there to tweak. This seems like a big limitation unless I'm missing something? Is there a way to reopen the Keyscape window or access those parameters after saving it?

3) I cannot organise my patches after saving them, such as rename them as they become inaccessible. I've read this is likely because I'm demoing a crack version - so no biggie.

Apart from this it's an awesome combo, but these are sticking points. If anyone can help!?

Thanks - Jo :wink:

3. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

You could try using a pedal? =) It's CC64 (sustain) to sustain notes, a la piano. Use a midi transformer to change (ie) mod wheel - > sustain. Or do it in Omni's settings page, there's a list on teh right.

Yeah, if u look @ where you go to Omni <-> Keyscape it will have a lil close [x] button, which will switch u back, so u can edit params. Or try automating the control 2 check what it is in Omni? Most everything has an equivalent in each. Best to use Omni as much as poss, rly.

They're prolly in the user area? Same w/ multi.

4. jobinho

jobinho Newbie

delete

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  5. jobinho

jobinho Newbie

Brilliant thanks!

Not sure exactly where you mean, I know the [x] in the Keyscape window. But I cannot get access to it once I've saved the patch. None of the Oscillator menu's get through to the Keyscape parameters either.

Before saving patch - Keyscape button for access
    https://preview.ibb.co/kkcjJ6/Screen_Shot_2017_10_16_at_13_55_14.png

After saving patch - No Keyscape button for access
    https://preview.ibb.co/gXLX5m/Screen_Shot_2017_10_16_at_13_34_47.png

They are yes, but if I rename them in the finder window after saving, they no longer appear in the Omnisphere browser, only the originally named patch appears but doesn't come up when clicked on. Just makes editing the user folder impossible. Does yours not do this? I'm on Mac if this is why.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  6. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

U prolly need to refresh the browser (the little circular arrow thing) if ya go around screwing w/ omnisphere liek that! U need to "rename" stuff in Omni, bit of a PITA.

Now that is properly weird! Never experienced it myself, might well be a bug w/ patch - try newer version of Omnisphere, check if ur up to date w/everything on startup page?

7. jobinho

jobinho Newbie

Yes indeed! But you're saying it is usually possible to press this button (that has disappeared) to edit the Keyscape parameters from a user saved patch? If so I'll feel more confident opening these boxes :bow:

8. jobinho

jobinho Newbie

So it turns out this is normal behaviour. Keyscape becomes un-editable after a preset is saved in Omnisphere

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List