Keyscape Library not on Patch Browser, only in Soundsources.

Discussion in 'Software' started by tryingtofix33, Jul 21, 2021.

1. tryingtofix33

tryingtofix33 Newbie

Hello there, I wanted to install Keyscape, but I have a problem, where Keyscape Library does not appear on Patch Browser(creative doesn't too), only in Soundsources.

Whenever I load Omnisphere and look at Instruments, I don't see any "Keyscape Patches" or something related to Keyscape, I can only see:
    Omnisphere Software 2.6.0e
    Omnisphere Soundsources v2.0c
    Omnisphere Patches v2.0.1c

I also tried making a backup of zmap.index, but that didn't do any of the job.

In Soundsources, I don't have a problem loading up pianos, no errors, can play the sounds normally.

In Keyscape Library, I have all of the pianos, so I don't think that's the problem, could it be the corrupted Keyscape Library.db or not?

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

If in doubt, uninstall it - update Omnisphere and reinstall Keyscape
    https://support.spectrasonics.net/manual/Keyscape/11/en/topic/installation
    How to install this version of Keyscape

============ PREPARE YOUR OMNISPHERE ============

Before installing, make sure your Omnisphere is ready. You must have a complete, working version of Omnisphere 2. Also, your Omnisphere must be a cracked version, not the legitimate version. Also, you must be current. Load your Omnisphere in a host and open it. You will see the 'About' window, with version information. (You can also open the 'About' window by clicking the Spectrasonics logo in the main Omnisphere window). In the 'About' window you should see something like this:

Instruments
    Omnisphere Software 2.6.4c 64 bit
    Omnisphere Soundsources v2.6.1c
    Omnisphere Patches v2.6.3c

============ PUT THINGS WHERE THEY BELONG ============

When you download and uncompress the items in this post, you will have a folder Keyscape. That folder must be placed here:

STEAM/

Now find and open this folder:

STEAM/Keyscape/Soundsources/Factory/Keyscape Library/Keyboards/

Ultimately this Keyboards folder should contain 53 files, with names ending db or db2. Below is a complete list of these files. These files have a total size of about 77gb.

When you first uncompress your download, these files are inside separate, individual folders. You must remove these files from the individual folders, and place the files together inside the folder Keyboard. When you are done, the folder Keyboard contains only files. It contains no folders.

============ OPEN OMNISPHERE============

Once you have everything in the right place, open a new, empty file in the program you use to host plugins. Add the Omnisphere plugin. At the lower left corner of the main Omnisphere window, there are six buttons. The fifth button is a circular arrow. This means 'refresh browser.' Press this button.

At the upper-left corner of the main Omnisphere window, you should see the heading "Patch Browser." Under this you should see "Directory: All Spectrasonics." Click on this menu, and one of the choices should be "Keyscape Library." Select "Keyscape Library," and then you should see a list allowing you to browse all 450 Keyscape patches. For reference, you can see a list of those patches here:

www.spectrasonics.net/products/keyscape/keyscape-library.php

============ NOTES ============

For reference, below is a list of the files that are found here:

STEAM/Keyscape/Soundsources/Factory/Keyscape Library/Keyboards

File Name - Size
    Bassman.db - 1.4mb
    Boutique.db - 1.8mb
    Brit-Vox.db - 2.1mb
    Chimeatron.db - 526.6mb
    Classic Toy Piano.db - 211.6mb
    Classic Twin.db - 10mb
    Clavichord.db - 2.32gb
    Dolceola.db - 3.23gb
    Dulcitone.db - 1.4gb
    Duo Maps Stage.db - 10.8mb
    Duo Maps Studio.db - 10.2mb
    Electric Harpsichord.db - 879.3mb
    Glock Toy Piano.db - 758.3mb
    Grand Toy Piano.db - 1.25gb
    Harmochord.db - 543.3mb
    Hiwattage.db - 1.2mb
    Hohner Clavinet C.db - 2.23gb
    Hohner Pianet N.db - 238.7mb
    Hohner Pianet T.db - 436mb
    Innerspace.db - 422.3mb
    JD-800 Crystal Rhodes.db - 745.4mb
    LA Custom C7 Grand.db - 14.93gb
    LA Custom C7 Grand.db2 - 1.7mb
    MK-80 Celeste.db - 241.5mb
    MK-80 Contemporary Rhodes.db - 676.5mb
    MKS-20 E Piano 1.db - 497.1mb
    MKS-20 E Piano 2.db - 588.1mb
    MKS-20 Electric Grand.db - 902mb
    MKS-20 Piano 1.db - 288mb
    MKS-20 Piano 2.db - 329mb
    MKS-20 Vibes.db - 631.9mb
    Rhodes - Classic.db - 2.63gb
    Rhodes - LA Custom.db - 2.65gb
    Rhodes - Pre-Piano.db - 1.91gb
    Rhodes Bass.db - 961.4mb
    Saucer Bell Toy Piano.db - 1.07gb
    Simone Celeste.db - 2.39gb
    Student Mini Grand.db - 2.32gb
    Thriftshop Speaker.db - 24.6mb
    Velocity Curve.db - 9 KB
    Vintage Vibe EP.db - 2.21gb
    Vintage Vibe Tine Bass.db - 705.1mb
    Vintage Vibe Vibanet.db - 3.14gb
    Vinyl Keyscape 01.db - 6mb
    Weltmeister Bassett I.db - 460.7mb
    Weltmeister Bassett II.db - 88.1mb
    Weltmeister Claviset.db - 699.2mb
    Wing Tack Piano.db - 5.78gb
    Wing Tack Piano.db2 - 22.8mb
    Wing Upright Piano.db - 10.52gb
    Wurlitzer 140B.db - 3.64gb
    Wurlitzer 200A.db - 604.3mb
    Yamaha CP-70B.db - 1.19gb

Note: by default, the correct location for the folder Keyscape Library is here:

STEAM/Keyscape/Soundsources/Factory/

However, a few users have reported that they had problems they solved by putting the Keyscape Library folder here, instead:

STEAM/Omnisphere/Soundsources/Factory/

Note: the forward slash (/) is used when describing a path on Macintosh (as well as UNIX and other systems). On Windows, the custom is to use backslash (\). The above pathnames follow the Macintosh style.

Note: in these instructions I attempt to summarize ideas from many different users who posted comments here, so thanks to those users for reporting what they experienced.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  4. tryingtofix33

tryingtofix33 Newbie

Hey there, I have updated Omnisphere to what versions you have put in your comment, and it didn't do anything. It also seemed like I forgot to download one more piano plugin, downloaded it and put it into Keyscape Library, did nothing, doesn't show Keyscape patches, can't see in directory keyscape, only in soundsources. I have dragged the Keyscape soundsources and created a new Keyscape folder inside of Steam(not omnisphere) and drag and dropped all of it there, it kind of did something, it shows a notice that says: "User Keyscape library contains inconsistent index data. Go to Multi browser and click the refresh (reload) button.", I forgot to drag and drop "User" to the Soundsources folder in Keyscape, still showed the notice, I removed all zmap.index, still shows the notice, still don't see Keyscape library anywhere, seems like Omnisphere can't find Keyscape Library in Patch browser and Soundsources, it can only find it if the Keyscape keyboards are in the Omnisphere folder, not keyscape, I could try linking but it wouldn't show any notices in soundsources, but won't be in the patch browser. Any solutions? Maybe Keyscape Library.db is corrupted? Doesn't work? Or Omnisphere is ignoring it? @BEAT16

EDIT: Also, I did not use a standalone installer, I have no idea on how to uninstall it and revert the changes(I don't have my Omnisphere installer anymore.)

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @ tryingtofix33, it is best to completely uninstall Keyscape, restart the PC and reinstall Keyscape.

6. tryingtofix33

tryingtofix33 Newbie

Hey, as I said, I did not use a standalone installer, I can not uninstall, I can delete stuff but I don't know if it would make omnisphere stop working, I dragged and dropped all of the files to Omnisphere folder, does it mean my installation is screwed?

7. tryingtofix33

tryingtofix33 Newbie

Restarted my Computer, I will try replacing the files again.

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

9. tryingtofix33

tryingtofix33 Newbie

OK, restarted PC, reinstalled, still nothing.

I use Windows 7 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) and I use FL Studio 12(old version but I prefer it, I also use 20)

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Put the keyscape folder in the steam folder inside spectrasonics folder that’s in program data. Inside that folder create one called ‘keyboards’ if its not there already. Take every individual file from all of the folders that came when you downloaded it and put them in that keyboards folder. Don’t drag the folders themselves just the files in it. Then open omnisphere and as long as it’s up to date (2.5 at least) you should be good.
    Source:/www.reddit.com/r/trapproduction/comments/d679lh/how_do_you_add_keyscape_to_omnisphere_do_you_only/

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  11. tryingtofix33

tryingtofix33 Newbie

12. tryingtofix33

tryingtofix33 Newbie

Hey, it's fixed now, I was watching a youtube video and they told me to just drag and drop it to omnisphere folder and replace files, creating the Keyscape folder and then downloading the keyscape relatives actually worked! Thank you!

13. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Gratulation - Now we are Happy ...!
    You can give a " Best Answer " or you write in the Headline " Solved "
    Better you write here the Link from the YouTube Video - that other users can learn and give yourself the " Best Answer "!

Can you write here the Link to the YouTube Video ~ Thanks

14. tryingtofix33

tryingtofix33 Newbie

Okay,

here's the video, before I went to download other keyscape, this one was buggy as hell.

Have seen other people have this problem, I realized I put it to Omnisphere folder, not the STEAM folder.

15. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Put the keyscape folder in the steam folder inside spectrasonics folder that’s in program data. Inside that folder create one called ‘keyboards’ if its not there already. Take every individual file from all of the folders that came when you downloaded it and put them in that keyboards folder. Don’t drag the folders themselves just the files in it. Then open omnisphere and as long as it’s up to date (2.5 at least) you should be good.