Keyscape Installation

Discussion in 'Software' started by shime, Jun 6, 2017.

1. shime

shime Noisemaker

Hello guys, i am sorry to bring back my problem to another post, but i couldn't fix my keyscape problem. I have read all topics here about keyscape and omnisphere but i have no solution.

I am running Omnisphere 2.3.2f and I have keyscape library. I have already put the library into STEAMS folder, inside a new folder called Keyboards.
    When I open Omnisphere everything is ok but when I try to load a Keyscape keyboard appears a message : Cannot load SoundSource because Directory Keyscape Library not found.

I am sorry again for bring back this issue to a new post, but i couldn't solve this problem. And I am trying very much.
    Do someone have any idea?

PS: I have discovered this forum some years ago and every day I got surprise to watch everybody trying to help, and the amazing job you all do.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
    YOU GUYS ROCKKKKKK!

3. mouse

mouse Member

You say you have the Keyscape library but have you installed Keyscape itself? Keyscape needs to be installed aswell as Omnisphere for the sounds to work in Omnishpere.

4. shime

shime Noisemaker

Hi man, in my computer it says it is installed but i have tried to download another installer, but i couldn't found :\
    The link for the installer here in Audioz is out

5. jollythatthing

jollythatthing Member

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. shime

shime Noisemaker

Thanks man but I am on mac :/

7. jollythatthing

jollythatthing Member

lucky for you I also have a mac and just installed keyscape without omni 2 also.I dont use the mac for this because my pc is much faster.Follow the instructions i posted.Your steam folder is in a hidden library folder,in finder at top of screen click Go and the option key and find hidden Library folder go to application support/Spectrasonics folder.and youll find your steam folder.http://imgur.com/OP6WsBP http://imgur.com/wfKh2zn http://imgur.com/fGPLtWf http://imgur.com/5fuRM17 I know theres a omni folder in 1 of the pics but thats just from one of the keyscape installers i assure you i dont have omni 2 installed.just find those dl's from the instuctions pic and do in order.1 dl with have your keyscape vst and component files and put those in component and vst plugins folders.ps i made sure it worked before i wrote this and it does.I also made sure i put the big db files in the keyboards folder before i did the updates

8. jollythatthing

jollythatthing Member

it maybe you dont have all the db files. there were 1 or 2 missing from the 70 something gb dl the
    MKS-20.E.Piano.2 was missing.or you dont have in the right folder in the right spot, remember it's hidden

9. turntablebeatz

turntablebeatz Member

I just installed Keyscape today.. it was pretty straight forward.

First I made sure my Omnisphere 2 was updated.. everything was but I needed to update my soundsources which I did before even trying to install the Keyscape library. As far as installing I simply copied the Keyscape folder to my STREAM folder which is located on my external drive (which shouldn't matter as long as the STREAM folder is correct) I opened Ominisphere in my host and I hit the refresh button and it worked.

I know some people said they had to move the keyscape folder to omnisphere folder under STREAM but I didn't have to do this as it worked simply by placing the keyscape folder in my STREAM folder.

10. shime

shime Noisemaker

Thanks very much for all your help!
    Unfortunately I couldn't find the Keyscape Installer.
    Here in AudioZ I have just found updates to Keyscape.
    Am I being Dumb, and the download is right under my nose, or its difficult to find?

11. jollythatthing

jollythatthing Member

you should have in your Spectrasonics.Keyscape.Library.for.Omnisphere.2 71.55 GB an installer Keyscape.rar that goes where the steam folder is http://imgur.com/OP6WsBP
    and this Spectrasonics.Keyscape.Software.Update.v1.0.2c-MAC with have your vst and component files and update

12. shime

shime Noisemaker

I understand , thank you very much but i can't find installer Keyscape, do you know where i can download it? Here in Audioz doest have it

13. shime

shime Noisemaker

I thought those were updates

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2017
  14. shime

shime Noisemaker

jollythatthing, and all of you,
    I don't how to thank you. I ve been trying to make this work for many days.
    Thank you very much for your patience, if there is anything i can do for you guys, please let me know!!
    TKSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2017
  15. Rakbeatzz

Rakbeatzz Member

This will not work with legit Omnisphere, is that correct?

16. kronzsw

kronzsw Newbie

guys i need MKS-20 E Piano 2.db can anyone help me out?

17. shime

shime Noisemaker

Guys,
    How do I use Keyscape without Omnisphere?
    I want to use keyscape for live gig, and I guess its faster than use with Omnisphere right?

18. Jambuw

Jambuw Member

Hey guys I also need MKS-20 E Piano 2.db. Can anyone help me out. Thanks in advance

19. DJK

DJK Rock Star

you are wrong, keyscape lib works in omni and i do not have the keyscape vst installed

20. DJK

DJK Rock Star

just dl the keyscape lib, copy it to your steam folder, load omni and refresh browser and keyscape will show up

21. Haversham

Haversham Newbie

Hey, I kind of need help.
    So (Im on a Mac) I downloaded the 70gb library of Keyscape, it doesn't have an installer, and I dont know what to do. It tells me to put everything on a STEAM folder but, I dont have omnisphere nor I want to, I use ableton mostly and I wanted to know if and how it was posible to use this library on ableton without omnisphere involved.