Keyscape • Can I remove a patch?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by marcosbacon, Jun 19, 2024.

1. marcosbacon

marcosbacon Newbie

So I just got a new Macbook Air M3 with 256gb. So I'm obviously in a storage pickle. I really like the Yamaha C7, the classic electric pianos, and I also use Trilian.

Is there a way to reduce the size of the STEAM folder, by deleting in a proper way part of the library? If not, I'm planing to move the libraries to an external drive. But the thing is: I'll probably never use most of the Keyscape and Trilian's patches.

Thanks!

3. ryu_shiro_878

ryu_shiro_878 Producer

I have it on a external drive. As of I know, it just has possibility for a single steam folder. So, Keyscape, Trilian & Omni. All or Nothing. For Keyscape it doesn't store all it's files in the name of instrument. For example if you only want cp70, there will be some noises or additional files that will be taken from other instruments without which it'll never work.

I like the CP-70 & couldn't justify 200 gigs on a 256 mac myself for just a couple sounds, thus have it on a external hdd. Same for SD3, I just have Stories_ISOB on my SSD, rest of Stories & all other sdx on the hdd.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

External drive is the best way. You can use an Alias from the external folder location and drop it in place on the internal. You do not need to use symlinks. The main folder is Steam, and within it you can have individual folders for Omnisphere, Trilian, etc. If you use Stylus MRX, that has to stay as Sage.