Keyboard Sustain pedal working with every instrument Except Session keys Grand S

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Vampgirl, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Vampgirl

Vampgirl Kapellmeister

It seems there is no problem with my hardware or settings. My Sustain pedal is working with all my instruments in Kontakt except for Session keys Grand S. Dose anyone have an idea how to fix this?

3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Well, first I'd look at the settings for the sustain pedal in that library and see if it's been changed from cc64 for some reason. Do you think it's possible at some point you accidentally activated MIDI learn and reassigned it?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Vampgirl

Vampgirl Kapellmeister

Thanks a lot for your help. I just spend hours trying everything with no success! I can promise that I didn't save anything, but after all maybe by accident!

5. Vampgirl

Vampgirl Kapellmeister

I fixed it by going to "Script editor" then "preset" , "Factory" , "Instrument specific" and finally "Piano Pedals"
    But when I quit Kontakt the problem is back when reopening it. So I fixed again and this time I went to "Save As Default instrument"
    It started compressing and saving for few minutes. But the change I did was not saved and upon restart no sustain pedal again!

This time after applying changes I ONLY "saved Multi As" and chose : "Patch Only". It created a new instrumnt and when I load that new saved instrument the sustain pedal works perfect! :wink:

I hope I did not alter the default instrument settings in any way!:woot:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  6. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Wow! Yeah, I looked at the PDF of the manual for that instrument and realized it doesn't seem to offer any direct way to reassign those controllers in their GUI so deep diving into the script editor was the next step. Glad you got it! What an odd thing to happen.

7. jonsmusic

jonsmusic Newbie

Having problems with it as well. I started playing the keys and it changed settings randomly with every keystroke. Hopping tonality, acoustic, reversed etc. Working like a settings switch instead of playing the sample piano properly. What kind of messed up Kontakt plugin is this?