Keyboard practice, books, etc. help

Discussion in 'Education' started by phumb-reh, May 13, 2021.

1. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Hello all ASers!

I'm looking for books, guides and auxiliary tools (say, flash cards or such) for practicing playing on the keyboard.

A little background: I know enough music theory (scales, chords, progressions etc.), and I play the guitar and bass.

But my keyboard playing is really rudimentary, I know the notes, the scales, and chords, I can read sheet music somewhat but it takes me ages to decipher even simple pieces. Not to mention my hands are not that independent due to my, eh... guitar muscle memory if you will

So what I'm after is a book that has scale patterns, chord patterns, and drills, preferably with fingerings and audio/midi so I can play along. Because if I start doing this myself it's going to be really disorganized.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

*edit:* And oh yeah, I did mention flashcards, any tips for those apart from Anki/Mnemosyne?

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2021
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

4. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Thanks!

I'll look into this. My German, while rusty, I believe is good enough to decipher it with a dictionary. At least I know some German terminology here, like "Dur" or "Moll" and I'm not unfazed if I encounter a "H". Brings back memories from music classes from elementary school, at least :)

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

With pleasure !

I also learned H on the guitar and when I played midikeyboard I got to know the B. I became a friend of the B. ABCDEFG is really more practical and easier.

6. ACAS

ACAS Kapellmeister

7. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Have considered, though it would be a local one for me. But as it stands, that has to be post-pandemic for several reasons so as of now it's a no-go.