Keyboard Controller that illuminates Key\Scales..

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by One Reason, Dec 7, 2012.

1. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Anyone ever seen such a thing..?

and... if not... Damned if that isn't a good idea...

Having the ability to only see the keys that are in the key\scale would be enormously helpful to me.

I know there are a couple of software's that do this.. but having it..on a controller?... would be invaluable.

IMO *yes*

Also, anyone have any software suggestions I may not have heard of that do this?

3. Proust

Proust Newbie

I know about the Yamaha EZ Series EZ220MM Keyboard with lighted keys.. you can find it at amazon for 159 dlls. there's is only one review but you can read more reviews from the previous model. you can connect the keyboard to your computer via USB. for software, you can use it with Synthesia which is free. the lighted keys of the keyboard will follow the song (midi file) and wait for you until you press the right key. you can use any midi file from he internet or your own. hope it helps.

4. ratox

ratox Noisemaker

srry if i go off topic but you are simply asking for a controller that knows the music principles instead of you. There are many reasons to avoid that, either if you are a children learning or an adult trying to make out music for profession or hobby. The most important is that while you practise the scales which are the materials of music you will start to develop (if you are not a stupid robot or a child with a bad theory theacher) musical ideas.
    musical ideas, believe me are more invaluable than any controller.
    sincerely,
    A.

5. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

No, the reasoning behind it IS to learn the theory involved via use of visual cues.... trust me, I have been trying to learn this stuff my whole life, I'm 44 now and not much further on than when I was 16.... some people, including myself, have a VERY hard time learning the keyboard the traditional way and having the keys show exactly where you can and cannot play for each key or scale would be an invaluable learning tool IMO

6. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Casio have had them out for about 15 years :wink:

Some Technics as well

7. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

As a guitar player I understand where you are coming from :wink:

Don't laugh, but I had the idea to use small balls of different colored Plasticine to map out a particular scale I wanted to use in a song.

E.G. I = blue, ii = yellow, iii = yellow, IV = green, V = red, vi = yellow, vii = orange, etc.