Ken Nordine - Word Jazz

Discussion in 'Music' started by SyNtH., Aug 17, 2016.

1. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

Imagine using a deep soothing voice thats used for commericials and repurposing it for jazz. I find it a very evoking and unique method of art. I can easily close my eyes and picture these surene images being painted. The compression is super dense on his voice and in your face but its a marriage with his voice. I feel like his voice is almost overriding any inner monologue im having. The jazz instruments are the perfect accompliment for this stuff. Obviously its not for everyone but i think its a cool experiment of voice and instruments that i havent heard of from any other artists.

He's also done some other pieces that have some satire or thought provoking message about society but i cant find any links, especially word jazz vol 2.

3. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

I think of Nordine as surprise listening on late-night FM radio. Same with Joe Frank: