Keep AMD X370 or buy X570

Discussion in 'PC' started by au38wzh, May 25, 2020.

1. au38wzh

au38wzh Platinum Record

Hi, before asking about buying a X570, I start with a prolog: after trying to do a clean install of Windows10, my PC didn't work anymore - no video signal.
    I've wasted a lot of time to fix it, but no luck and no old GPU to test. So I decided to get a new mainboard and a mainboard speaker to check what's broken in my recent PC.
    Result: Nothing was/is broken! I guess something went wrong with the RAM-sticks when I took out/put in the GPU :facepalm:(one faceplam is probably not enough :deep_facepalm:) Well, I took the RAM out to check the beeps when starting the mainboard, but no beep - I thought there were beeps before - and no beeps mean: CPU or mainboard is broken.
    So I bought a mainboard speaker and a X570 mainboard (after spending almost the whole weekend investigating about a new mainboard).

My question now:
    Should I keep my old 'ASUS Prime X370-Pro' or install the new one 'ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus'?
    CPU is a Ryzen 7 3800X

My thoughts:
    Maybe I'll loose the Windows10 license?
    Does my system benefit if I upgrade to the X570?
    I'll save money if I stay with the X370 and wait for better X570 offers and upgrade later?

Thanks for any thoughts and be careful when assemble a PC :guru::deep_facepalm:

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  3. pizzafresser

pizzafresser Producer

Neither... Wait for B550. :wink:

4. redhalopro

redhalopro Member

I have a x570-p with a 3800x and I enjoy the performance. The reason for my post is to let you know that your windows installation won't be affected. I went from a FX8350 to 3800x with a new motherboard and Windows 10 had no issues with licensing. Everything worked right after a boot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

i think x570 motherboards r overprized but it supports new ryzen cpu's and your x370 doesn't
    so if u have plans to upgrade to a new ryzen cpu then go for x570 or b550
    those mainbord mafia's raised the prices with atleast 50 € fucking ridiculous
    im on a amd phenom 3ghz with 8 gig ram a 10 year old rig
    i was looking for a new system and i'll rahter wait for the new chipsets and cpu's that come out

6. minozheros

minozheros Kapellmeister

Best Answer
    If everything worked fine and works fine again now, don't update.

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I'd wait a bit until the new B550 sales lower prices of the others and then get a X570 or whatever.
    I've got you covered bro, I've been there so many times...
    [​IMG]

8. ProJay

ProJay Kapellmeister

Yes he is right. You should wait for B550 as it supports PCIe gen 4.0 and it might be useful and handy to you in future.

9. jayj4y

jayj4y Member

I have the crosshair 6, x370, it's a beast, amazing with my 3800x

10. Haliax

Haliax Guest

I'm happy with my Asus Tuf X570-Plus Wifi (Ryzen 3700x)

11. au38wzh

au38wzh Platinum Record

Thank you all!
    The hint about the B550 is a good one. I'll probably wait for it and will also check what happens to X570's prices.
    Interesting info about keeping Windows10 license while changing the mainboard.

And meanwhile I need a new PC-Keyboard. One of my cats ate the cable.. Not sure if it was Lemmy or Ringo.. or both.. They are on a mission of destruction..:hifive:
    Update: Well, they also ate the Mouse-Cable - which makes sense..:rofl:

Btw: This should be in Computer Hardware.. Here we go..:deep_facepalm:

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  12. gonzoznog

gonzoznog Newbie

Hey @au38wzh, if you want to sell the x570 board, please let me know as I have a friend that could use one!

13. gonzoznog

gonzoznog Newbie

Oh, and there is a possibility of you losing license from MB swap. Had it happen to me once!