k'd pro tools for w10

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by Comet, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Comet

Comet Newbie

Hey lovers, i just started to use windows. So what is the stable, fast, errorless, version of protools(dont need hd).

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Hello and welcome to Audiosex.
    I suppose that you have read the rules and understand that links to warez are not allowed here. So members may answer about the version and team, but no links.

As far as I know the last stable Pro Tools version for Win was this one; Avid Pro Tools HD v12.5.0.395 from AudioUTOPiA.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

None. Seriously, even legit owners of Pro Tools Ultimate have issues with it. As far as the non- legit version goes, I have not found many issues with the version that @Olymoon mentioned, however, some people prefer Avid Pro Tools HD v12.3.1.88512 from AudioUTOPiA, and then some swear that Avid Pro Tools HD v10.3.2 and Avid Virtual Instruments 10 for Windows + PACE iLok drivers x64 + Patch is the best one. If I were you I will go for the one mentioned by @Olymoon and if there are any problems, I will work my way down. If you are going to be uninstalling it, I would recommend that you avail yourself of the DEMO version from AVID, install it and then proceed with the uninstall. There are some bugs with the Audiotopia version during uninstall. BTW, watch out with @Olymoon. He catches you asking for links, he will change your name from Comet to "Comet the Beggar" and lock you out of the site unless you pay a $100 beggar fine. The worst part is that you can't even appeal it.

5. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

6. Comet

Comet Newbie

@Olymoon and @The Pirate, thank you... No worries i am clean as a royal jester, i will try and write down my experience to this thread. @tzzsmk :thanks: best wardrobe i've ever seen:speaker:

7. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@Comet good luck. Remember one thing, 90% of the people that you hear or read about complaining about Pro Tools are not Pro Tools users. Maybe they tried it for a couple of days, got intimidated by its workflow and now spend their days bad mouthing it. Some of them maybe are repeating what they heard elsewhere. Yet Pro Tools has been the choice of pros for more than 30 years. Anyone who is serious about becoming a professional mixing or mastering engineer should learn how to use it, appreciate what it does better than other DAWs, and work around its flaws.

8. indianwebking

indianwebking Platinum Record

just trying to ask a short question so i don't need to make a new thread. logic pro can be used in windows ?

9. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

This is a Pro Tools thread. That pgotograph is Reaper dressed as Pro Tools. You can dress it up as logic too. You can run Logic Pro on Windows. Yes. Hackintosh the shit out of it. That is what @tzzsmk runs.

10. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Unfortunately this is often the case about any DAW. But that would be another conversation...

11. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

I like to think that I gave pro tools a good try a while back (olymoon version). My problem was not the workflow rather than the fact that it seemed that if it had problems it required a reboot to get it going again which was rather tedious.. I'm pretty certain that I had this trouble with all the above versions. Perhaps its my rig but every other DAW I have tried has been fine. Currently I have gone back to Cubase 5.3 for the expression maps and am loving them.

12. Comet

Comet Newbie

I was using Audiotopia's "Avid Pro Tools HD v12.5.0.395" for 6 months. During this time i recorded 32-35 channel live stuff and mixed them without any issues. However when i used this version for post production video engine crashed a lot. Now i'am gonna try the older version you mentioned.