Kb6 Archive . . . ?

Discussion in 'samples' started by SirGigantor, Jun 11, 2024.

1. SirGigantor

SirGigantor Ultrasonic

Hello,

I'm interested in that archive, it's apparently free, but all separate files. The Sister Site has it, but I literally have yet to have even one download of the multi-part complete, because I have a DSL and the hosts just keep messing up.

Does anyone have like a Mega link or something like that, Archive.org.

Obviously, I can just download the individual RAR archives, but that's less desirable than the single .zip that I know is floating around.

It's one of those things where I never though to donate, because I forgot it existed, plus it's hard to tell if it's worth it without actually trying some of them.

They get like 1/3 of the way downloading, then fail every time as the individual links . . .

3. Chaindog

Chaindog Platinum Record

If you scroll down at their website, you can donate a little bit of money over paypal.
    You will then get a single zip or rar with all the drum machine samples in it.
    Future Updates included.
    AND, you will support them, maintaining the site and archive.
    :mates:

4. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

@SirGigantor

Search for "KB6 Archives 7 2017 Relaximus", it was posted before the "iconic Japanese drum machines" "disapeared" from KB6.de

Isn't "All the Samples from Mars" a better option in 2024 ? You can find it around the corner.

5. SirGigantor

SirGigantor Ultrasonic

Yeah, that's my thing, I actually bought that from them, it's a great deal. Like there must be some good stuff in the Kb6 Archive, but I think I found some in like another download, and they were very basic compared to any company that actually specializes in it.

6. SirGigantor

SirGigantor Ultrasonic

It's one of those things where I wish I could just find a torrent of it, because it's so much better of a transfer method for something like the Kb6 archive.

7. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Samples from Mars are highly processed, the kb6 archive has the untouched samples form a lot of drum machines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

Thanks for the clarification @ArticStorm I tought the "clean" folder was unaltered and that "Tube", "tape" and "color" were processed.
    I never bothered to compare the "clean" folder from SFM to "set 1" , "set 2" and "set 3" from KB6.
    (this exemple is for the TR-909)

I was always overwhelmed by the volume of samples and coundn't deal with scrolling endlessly for the "perfect" sample so I stopped using them as a whole and learned how to use Microtonic, Kick 2 and Serum for percussions.

If I were to make "retro" music with "classic" drums sounds nowadays I would much prefer buying a hardware clone or using the drum machines from D16 or the DMX from GForce, seems much more convenient and flexible.

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i have the Kb6 archive always with me, i also sampled one shots from plugins myself, to have some unique sounds.
    yes D16 stuff, Roland cloud and µtonic are very good sources for special perc sounds.

but the advantage of the one shots from real drum machines is that they are iconic, and this can give you inspiration - atl east for me,

KB6 has different folders for one drum machine, bcs different people did send the guy packs and he kept them all.

then you could also keep the samples from mars -- the clean folders only, but i doubt they have so many drum machines samples as there are from the kb6 archive.

10. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

@ArticStorm ultimately that's what I prefered about the KB6 archive, it was a community effort to share the samples for free with a "donate" option.

Not nearly as much indeed, Korg, Yamaha, Alesis, Boss, Casio, Cheetah, Elektron, Access, etc... I used to love the Jomox folder.
    I never deleted the KB6 archive from my drive, you never know, things disappear from the internet sometimes, I got it before the X0X boxes where removed.