Katfile drama. What's the best free file host? Shootout?

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by BasedPirate, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Ryck

Ryck Guest

At first glance, it's super affordable, but for example, in my country, we are experiencing hyperinflation where prices "skyrocket," and you have to think about whether to eat or pay for an internet service. Here, for example, middle-class people have already canceled services like Netflix and Spotify. In addition, not everyone can buy dollars, only people with formal jobs, and here we have 40% of people working in the informal sector. So, even though it sounds very affordable, at least here, it's complicated.

But keep in mind, I'm not saying all of this exactly for my own interest. I download very little, and it's usually VSTs of a few megabytes, so I could wait for the time it takes in free mode. But I suppose there are people in the same situation I describe who may download more than I do, more frequently, and perhaps libraries. I no longer have space on my disk, and I am satisfied with what I have. Occasionally, I download a new interesting VST that I see, so this opinion is collective in nature.

2. boingy99

boingy99 Kapellmeister

Speaking as a free user, anything but NitroFlare. Their free download speed is just so S-L-O-W.
    With the current choice of KatFile and RapidGator I'll always go for KatFile first. RG sometimes drops out and their daily limit is very low.

I'm sure my preferences would be different if I used a paid service.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Did you try changing the IP address?

4. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

For me I think the best thing is to have 1 link premium like Rapidgator (for those who can afford it and thus having the possibility of downloading multiple files at the same time) and 1 free fast link like Clicknupload or similar (for those who cannot afford a premium link).
    Always avoiding NitroFlare which is very slow (19k) and therefore useless for slightly large files.

Then if the uploader wants to add a Torrent link it should be his choice (as is already the case now).

This way I think everyone would be happy and our 'beloved sister site' will shine more and more... cheers :cheers:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
  5. boingy99

boingy99 Kapellmeister

Yep, NitroFlare free DL speed is limited to about 20kbps. <- that's not a typo!

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

you are aware that AN uses self paid seedboxes for new torrents? they seed for 72h, then there are enough seeders.
    These have to be paid and are quite expensive, if you checked that.

The FS which are listed here as free are horrible for uploads, not because they pay no money, but bcs the uploader needs to pay money to get upload space. Also some make posting download links horrible hard or their infrastructure sucks.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Ryck

Ryck Guest

No, I mean that you mentioned that RG limits your downloads as a free user, which is true; you can only do one per day, I believe. However, if you change your IP, I think it treats you as if you were another user.

8. Ryck

Ryck Guest

A suggestion, if it's a financial concern for uploaders when choosing a download server, how about adding some URL shorteners to generate some income for them? I know it's not much, but I'm just throwing out ideas. It might not be the best suggestion, but I'm thinking out loud. In my case, I wouldn't have a problem with it. In fact, when I want to download a movie from a site, I often have to go through about 20 URL shorteners.

9. pratyahara

pratyahara Guest

Firstly, there should be a poll to determine how many users rely on free downloads due to their inability to afford premium links. I assume that the majority of members here utilize free downloads.

Free downloads ought to be reasonably fast, with short download wait times and minimal pauses between two consecutive downloads. Clicknupload stands out as one of the best in this regard, and should be a possible model.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2023
  10. gotnofriends

gotnofriends Kapellmeister

I love AN because you can guarantee to find a release. Something that can't be said about any site. If you see something on SS you can rest knowing its on AN full download speed

11. GeoffreyMcJefferson

GeoffreyMcJefferson Kapellmeister

ClickNUpload, Google Drive, 1fichier, Mediafire, MEGA

I never really liked the ones that are anti-free user. For small files they're good enough but try downloading like 20 1GB parts at 50 kb/s. It's just not going to happen.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
  12. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I'm not sure how this works in relation to the rules of the site, but

Gofile is pretty much free, and you can download as fast as zippyshare use to be.

There is no limit to the size of file but it will only host for 10 days. (surely though if it's the third option and you can download a 6 GB file in the matter of a couple of minutes its worth getting there within the 10 days?)

There is another one called :-

Workupload (Also very fast d/l speeds) about 6gb d/l speeds

It will host permanently as long as there is activity in a 90 day period. Completely free BUT it has a 2GB limit on file.

Might that be an option for at least the smaller files?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. tnc

tnc Producer

You dont make sense. First of all, AN is free as long as you're not only a leecher. Just keep seeding

2nd. What the hell is "uploaders" to fileshares doing??? "Please dont put mirrors"?? You cant download 25 Gb with shitty RG or KF or whatever. That means they do it only for the money, not for the community!
    They could use Mega or any free filehost service if they wished to. Or use any torrent site with magnetic links like TPB.
    But theres no money in that....

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. gotnofriends

gotnofriends Kapellmeister

Plus in AN you aren't forced to inbox an admin for reup, one inbox at a time, waiting 24 hours for each response. So if 7 releases need a reup you are looking at 7 days.

It's actually why I bought an AN account, I'm not playing cat and mouse with admin at SS. Who also banned me for offering mega links to poor members, I will never support the SS :bleh:

15. tnc

tnc Producer

Yea, so that is great, means that torrents are always seeded. Anyone can upload to AN and ratio is no problem as long as you seed. I dont see the problem after many years on AN. Saved me so much time compared to downloading slow links with captcha etc. And those also are doublepacked and repacked rar archives..

I would never ever pay a cent for any warez so I dont know if prices on AN is better or worse than RG for example. I pay only for legit software, after "try before buy"

I can download and upload torrents at 1 Gbit/s, I can give back to others by just seeding. No need for 100x part weblinks at 10-50 kb/s... Just one click and a few minutes for downloading those 25gigs and then just leave it to seed..

Mega doesnt cost me to upload to, maybe it got some storage limit I havent experienced.

I just dont like that some uploaders started to make demands that other ppl should not share other links. Makes it near impossible to download large releases for free. You have to pay or spend a month of time to download some things.

Anyways, everyone needs or likes different options.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

ratio sites are a dead end.. Period. But, Free always comes at a cost. I use Real-Debrid which is quite affordable. And rutracker for torrents,, free.

17. Ariel Gonzalez

Ariel Gonzalez Platinum Record

mediafire goated

18. iw

iw Producer

For me the best option is with torrents. :headbang:

19. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

NitroFlare??? Really? Every time I have ever come across NF all I have ever seen is the "either disable VPN or buy Premium" bullshit line. Not paying for warez here. NF is complete jacked up garbage. MediaFire or Click-n-upload if you must talk about "FFS" would be the only mediocre solution that is "FREE" in the real sense of the word for the end user. Other than that a private torrent tracker or a private, RESUMABLE, secure FTP are the best solutions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

The only ones who are able to get anywhere on AN are those that either pay, or who supply. There are not many who have such access to be able to supply... Simply seeding there is a fools paradise as I have watched the seed traffic there simply nod off even on popular torrents. Too many seeders and not enough DL traffic all make a pretty picture - AN is a very great resource that is basically there to look at for most, or possibly to DL from if you are one who is game to paying for warez.... AN is for most at best a resource to verify what has been released and when. Not much more... I suggested AN as a resource for AZ, but only in the case that the ratios be nixxed or completely reevaluated. That apparently most likely wouldn't ever happen - so AN is probably not a good match for AZ in any case...